Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tested these two exhausts or have any opinions either way? :confused This would be mounted on a K5.

I thought the racefit was much more expensive but it's now only $300 compared to the $200 for a hotbodies. I was just about to order the hotbodies but am thinking that for the extra $100, the racefit being all titanium may be worth the money in the long run.

Any opinions/comments on build quality, sound, performance, styling, etc... whatever, would be very much appreciated!

I actually now leaning towards Racefit... anyone know how loud it gets? I know the local racetrack won't let me on if I exceed 102db at 5 feet. :wtf

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
pocketracer said:
... anyone know how loud it gets? I know the local racetrack won't let me on if I exceed 102db at 5 feet. :wtf

Then you better look elsewhere. If you have a means to measure it, just take off your exhuast can at the mid-pipe and run it open at the collector, that should give you a good idea of the sound level.

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
the racefit is ti compared to the hotbodies stainless steel.... so that alone is a quality difference... also racefit has been known to just make overall great stuff.. hotbodies is a bigger company but from what i know other than there undertails and huggers most of ther stuff is garbage

·
Registered
32 Posts
for 200 bucks I'm willing to give a company the benefit of the doubt and assume that they could put together a 8-12in peice of metal pipe with quality.

If not, I'll just ge the racefit.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just got my hotbodies exhaust in this weekend. Over all the quality of it looks pretty good. Haven't had a chance to put it on and run the bike seeing how my painter has my gas tank right now. But I'm painting mine black like alot of the guys have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.