·
Registered
432 Posts
Right on!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had to make a nice little 2025 AL bracket for him since he has vortex rearsets. Aftermarket rearsets and the stock Racefit bracket don't mix. The racefit mounts to the rearsets.

It mounts very solidly, shoots 2 foot clames and the racefit logo is burned into the titanium. Comes with a little scrubby pad to polish it. Welds are not machine made but are very tidy for by-hand tig welds.

The pictures on teh website suggest there is a screen on the end of the pipe but there is not. It's the internal bits that hold in the packing. This pipe can be take apart by removing the rivets and repacking it.

Good quality and it looks right on the bike. Now if someone were to make one just like it but a little cheaper...but with the worldwide (chinese really) demand for titanium (not shortage) the price of titanium has crept up and if racefit decided to make one out of brushed stainless it would be ok and considerably cheaper.

The Yosh pipe is too long and it's polished stainless. It doesn't look half as good as this pipe does.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Daayum!
looks like all you guys got the 05
Thanks for posting

2 blue, 2 black. All have the same mileage. We ride everywhere together. Best summer I've had in years.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Definetly entertaining.

·
Registered
919 Posts
i wanted one soooo bad when i first saw it... but then saw the Corona Suzuki bike with its Arrow system and decided that if i was gonna spend that much, i might as well get a full system (or around $1k) - after seein track videos of me, i can say the racefit definitely sounds and looks the part of a motogp bike more than the rest

·
Registered
155 Posts
mother of god!

that is sweeeeeeeeeet. a bit too loud for my tastes but would definately go on my track bike... that is if I had one

For some reason I thought you were from the UK ...

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
hey cosworth your in canada right? Im in Edmonton. Where did your buddy get his racefit from? How much did it come out in Canadian dollars? DOes he use it on his street bike inclusively? And last question does he have a power commander on his bike, if so what map does he use? or will the racefit work nice just by itself on the 05 without the power commander. thx!!!

they do say it is not street legal but I would want to put one on my bike for the street
haha i will just be careful around the police and keep the rpm's down!! These racefits are way expensive but well worth it imo.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The "westminster" part fooled you fronic.

Yup, in Canada. He got it from hammy the can man. Not very good customer service but he got hit pipe and he's happy. $799.00 shipped. So about $1025 CDN. It is on his street bike only. His track bike is a 636. No power commander but Racefit does has Yosh Box numbers that they will supply so you can bump up the fuel a bit.

You can use it as is. No need for a remap but it can't hurt. "Street legal" is simply a matter of opinion as most cops do not drive around with a decibel meter...

·
Registered
419 Posts
See thats how you fucking make a video... none of this here is my exhaust as it idles and I rev it. WEAKSAUCE.

They dont let me go play with them cuz I'm "slow" HAHAHAHA Markopolian if your interested there is a local bike shop that is taking about having a few stocked for canada. So far they are undecided but I can let you know what they decide on.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Yeah PUREVIL that would be great if when you find out to let me know. thx bro

·
Registered
66 Posts
Awesome. I just put one on my K5 and just flattened the bracket with a rubber mallet and then mounted it by using longer bolts through my votex rearsets. The bracket actually is on the back on the mounting point on the frame, not between the rearset and frame. It fit perfectly and does not move the rearset out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts