Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

well after getting run off the road a year ago I'm getting the itch to ride again... but I'm thinking the track may be the best place for now.... I haven't been to any of the tracks so I'm not even sure how many are available....

I'm not really interested in a full bore race... just looking to head out and some fun.... how much is this gonna cost....

I was looking at picking up an 04 750 or 05 1000.... do what ever to it to be allowed to race around the track.....

PS I've already owned an R6 and 01 1000

anyways thanks

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
I don't think I would look at the 1000 for racing around here, you will find that alot of the guys race 600s cause of the weight. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks moss

yeah after think'n about it a 600 would likely be a hell of a lot better.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
That new track at Calabogie looks SWEET! Aparently they've finally got the aprovals they need to go ahead with it!!!

Cayuga isn't a bad track (when they're actually up and running, keep getting in trouble for noise etc./zoneing...) they are supossed to be up and running again next month...owners are idiots but if you go on a day that is being run right by someone else then it's a good time!!

Shannonville is pretty cool too, pretty choppy pavement but fun time!!

Mosport long track is my favorite (I've never done the short track there, apparently very technical..) the big track is sweeeet though, huge elevation changes, top speed back straight (on a 600) and a killer blind off camber turn 2 (OUCH!!!)

Myself and a bunch of guys from Ontario Sport Riders will be at Cayuga on August 13th and Mosport on the 23rd, If you want in on either of those days shoot me an email....

BTW, I ride a gixxer1000 on the street but use a 600 on the track (ZX6.....opps) still loads of fun!!!!

LH.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So Cayuga is only an oval track then?

How much is a typical track day guys and does it go by the hour or # of laps?

You just bring your own bike,tape it up and race...without a license or training?

Thanks for your responses,

DD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts