Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what's the best race one piece to get... I'm having serious problems trying to find one to fit!!!

I'm a size 6 and 5ft 4in

I'm even thinking about having one made! Surely there's some suit out there that I don't know about that caters for petite's????

Any help at all guys/girlies would be sweet!!!

:banghead:wtf

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I know guys aren't suppose to post here. But since you're asking guys help as well, I hope mods don't get mad!

But IMO .. Get one made for your size if you're having a hard time fitting into an off the shelf suit.

Motojoe wears the Hazardous Racing suit and he seems to like it. I myself need a custom fitted suit as well and I'm heavily leaning towards hazardous suit as well. Check them out .. www.hazardousracing.com

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Yup. Can't beat a full custom suit from hazardous.

And if you decide to go with it let me know. I can save you about $100 off the cost

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers thanks... they assume all girl riders are beefy!!:nono.... will check them ou now!!!:burnout..
:thumbup

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup. Can't beat a full custom suit from hazardous.

And if you decide to go with it let me know. I can save you about $100 off the cost
you serious!!!!! I defo will!!:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup! giving my bike a race spray by SD Deigns in a few weeks so hoping to have a decent suit to match for the summer!
SHWING!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had tough time too. I liked dainese but the legs were too long for me.. Im 5'5 and a size 10 (a little on the beefy side lol). I ended finding a Arlen Ness suit that fit perfect.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Does anyone know what's the best race one piece to get... I'm having serious problems trying to find one to fit!!!

I'm a size 6 and 5ft 4in

I'm even thinking about having one made! Surely there's some suit out there that I don't know about that caters for petite's????

Any help at all guys/girlies would be sweet!!!

:banghead:wtf
As Joe said it's not going to get much better than a custom made suit, but short of that are you looking at off the rack female specific suits or regular men's cut suits?

For example.....

http://www.alpinestars.com/road/womens-collection/suits

http://www.dainese.com/us_en/motorbike?gender=1&cat=9

http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorcycle-suits/lizard-wind-pro-lady.html

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'd look online for a suit that fits my needs, price range, features, reviews, etc.
Go to local motorcycle store, you could probably call ahead and ask of they have it in stock.
If the store has it in stock with your size, try it on, if you like and it fits you go home and look for it cheaper online and look at slightly used ones.

I did the same thing and found one on a local motorcycle forum and got it for $125, I could have got it on motomummy brand new for $640 shipped which also is a really good deal. It's a alpinestars track craver one piece suit which is a great suit that I would recommend to look into.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Since you're in Ireland, might have preference for a custom made in Europe, here is http://www.nfmoto.com/
A (girl) friend of mine had his suite made by them, and she is 100% satisfied. Price wasn't non-sense, as far as I know.
She is in almost every trackday in Portugal and some in Spain, she must know something about track gear! I may point you a pic of her suit, just send PM.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had tough time too. I liked dainese but the legs were too long for me.. Im 5'5 and a size 10 (a little on the beefy side lol). I ended finding a Arlen Ness suit that fit perfect.
Not excited to hear the length of the Dainese was too long. I just bought a two piece Dainese on eBay that should arrive tomorrow. I'm only 5'3" and a size 6 ... guess I'll know soon enough.

My experience with off the shelf suits has been that they assume women riders are built like poles with no curves.

:dunno

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Don't forget there's places you can take an off the shelve suit to get tailored if need be if it needs to get taking in a bit or shortened or what have you.

In the US there's BBill and Lizzy, comparable places in EU as well I'm sure.

http://www.racingleather.com

http://www.lizzyleather.com

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not excited to hear the length of the Dainese was too long. I just bought a two piece Dainese on eBay that should arrive tomorrow. I'm only 5'3" and a size 6 ... guess I'll know soon enough.

My experience with off the shelf suits has been that they assume women riders are built like poles with no curves.

:dunno
lol true...I must admit the Dainese 2 piece fit good but the 1 piece not so good. It took into account the curves :) I tried on a mens suit just to see and nope that didnt work. I hope it works out for you. Once I get some track days in or the suit falls apart me I think Im going to have to go custome because I just can't find any other suit that fits off the shelf. :sad

·
Registered
124 Posts
lol true...I must admit the Dainese 2 piece fit good but the 1 piece not so good. It took into account the curves :) I tried on a mens suit just to see and nope that didnt work. I hope it works out for you. Once I get some track days in or the suit falls apart me I think Im going to have to go custome because I just can't find any other suit that fits off the shelf. :sad
Kit Kat, have you tried any Taiche suits? They tend to fit smaller frame, lean riders and are a good option for some of us girls. They were just a little out of my price range.

My Ebay purchase ended up fitting really good!! I'm so excited ... the only gripe I have in the Dainese zipper that joins the jacket and the pants. It's not a YKK and you can totally tell. Will be having that replaced but it will work for now :) Good luck to you!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Looks good. I'm not a huge fan of two piece mostly because of bulk in middle when tucked but for a budget or dual.purpose/street riding they are awesome.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks good. I'm not a huge fan of two piece mostly because of bulk in middle when tucked but for a budget or dual.purpose/street riding they are awesome.
Totally agree! Not my first choice but most of my riding is street unfortunately. If I get to start doing more track riding I absolutely want a one piece.

Besides that, this one will match my daytona yellow 750 :) I'll probably look like a flying banana ... LOL!!! :banana

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
You can't claim banana.. I claimed it :D although that suit is retired so you can have the name I guess lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
9 Participants
Moto_Joe
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing