Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to rain on Stalemates thread....I'll start my own.

Practice went well in the morning was able to get the bike dialed in pretty well. There was several changes I had to make do to all the bumps at Nelsons. I think I got it pretty close.

Only once did I almost get run off the track by some Liter bike halling ass down the front straight, parking it before turn 1, I swung wide to pass on the outside. He didn't hold his line and nearly ran me off.....so, I got on it and stuffed him in three.

Ok...3 hr race.

My start sucked, which was probably a good thing. I avoided MPH wadding up their bike in turn 4. Took about a lap to get in my rythem and started catching people and passing 2 or 3 bikes per lap. Before long I was on a few of the faster bikes. I took 3 or 4 laps (knowing I had all the time in the world...not being a spring race) following the #10 bike to see where I was faster and finally made the pass on the inside of 12...then red flag. We refueled and switched riders for the restart.

I got in the 15's before the red flag, but was definitely faster then the bike I was following. I just didn't get the chance to take it up a notch after the pass.

Great race....our pits sucked and cost us. The other two riders did great and we all came home in one piece and the bike as well....Good day!

We got 3rd in Middleweight and 5th overall. Our last pit cost us, 2nd and 4th overall.

Stalemate.....next time we need to run the same leg!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
next time will be fun and hopefully i can run my normal pace i went from 13's in the mini to 17-18' in the endurace to worse when i couldnt ride anymore

and BTW get ur own warmers LOL

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
next time will be fun and hopefully i can run my normal pace i went from 13's in the mini to 17-18' in the endurace to worse when i couldnt ride anymore

Ha...in that case, I wish we were on the same leg last night!

Nope...still no PD warmers....they promised, repromised....promised to overnight Fed-Ex on Thursday....still no warmers...I want some money back!!!!! Thanks again for letting me borrow AGAIN!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts

Ha...in that case, I wish we were on the same leg last night!

Nope...still no PD warmers....they promised, repromised....promised to overnight Fed-Ex on Thursday....still no warmers...I want some money back!!!!! Thanks again for letting me borrow AGAIN!
ya then u could say at least once u beat me LOL but my lap times dont lie you know what im capable of LOL

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Good job guys! Making me want to race and RACE NOW Lol

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts

It's funny... I don't remember ever seeing a race report post on gixxer where someone said "I came in dead last"...

I guess gixxer.com'ers really are the cream-of-the-crop

Either that, or they keep their damn mouth shut when the lose

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts

It's funny... I don't remember ever seeing a race report post on gixxer where someone said "I came in dead last"...

then you have never read one of ADAMS reports then......

or mine or njracer or justin ., LOL for that matter... LOL

·
Registered
4,361 Posts

I came in dead last at VIR last year in the MWSB race.
Of course my bike was fucked up and wouldn't rev past 8k and only put out 55RWHP on the dyno that day so I have an excuse.

Good job on the race guys.

But lets try and keep the talk to a minimum since some of us haven't gotten to race yet this year (come on Summit
).

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah, a guy that raced on my team is a test driver for Goodyear and brought one of Goodyear's V-box's.

Have you guys seen one of these? The formula 1 teams and many other race team use them. They cost 12K for the box and are GPS and accurate within 1.5cm. We strapped it under my seat and it track all the lines, lap times, accels, deccels, g-forces, speed and many other crap.

It is crazy cool....he laid each of our (3 of us) fastest laps on top of each other on his laptop and you can see the difference in each of our lines, brake points, braking rates, where we picked up the throttle and speed and any given point.

Not that I enjoyed knowing that I had 12K worth of equipment under my tail, but it really is some wicked technology. Now I know where I am REALLY slow compared with the others.

....and I thought mylaps.com was cool!

·
Registered
34,392 Posts

I promise to put my first one up as it will probably read "Alive in Last Place"

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
nothing wrong with dead last - just asks NJ and Adam!!

good job bro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts