Registered
2,428 Posts
boy that sure would make removing your race bodywork a tad more tricky!:D

You might as well go with a stunta crash cage. :punk

Reactions: chrisOH

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I think they have some positive aspects as well as some negatives. They would alleviate the problem sliders have: snapping of and levering the bike into a somersault. They do make it hard to remove your upper, but I can image an upper modified to go around the bar.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It also looks like from the position of the bar...with a simple low side, the bike would likely pivot over the bar and damaging the gas tank.

Longer frame sliders suck...they tend to bend the engine mount (or bolt) or even snap off like you mentioned.

Get a shorter frame slider and let the bodywork take a beating like it is supposed to.

On a side note...DO NOT USE swingarm spool SLIDERS! Only use the spools. The slider type do more damage than they help. They either rip off the Spool mount on the older gixxers (did this 2X's to mine) or they bend the mount like on the newer swingarms. I just replaced my swingarm for this reason.

·
Registered
667 Posts
goodmatt78 said:
On a side note...DO NOT USE swingarm spool SLIDERS! Only use the spools. The slider type do more damage than they help. They either rip off the Spool mount on the older gixxers (did this 2X's to mine) or they bend the mount like on the newer swingarms. I just replaced my swingarm for this reason.
+1. I wish someone had told me this earlier. I'm currently dealing with a bent spool mount myself. :hammer

·
Registered
140 Posts
Lifters are way better than spools! get the gilles, you won't have any crash damage issues with them. Also I take my frame sliders and put them on a lathe and turn them down so the are flush with the bodywork. In the end they only end up about 1 inch long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.