Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a race oil cooler plus stainless steel lines on my 1991 gsxr 750. The cooler is too much for the bike, It seems to over cool(I am in T.O canada also). I am told the race cooler can not be used on the street(too little to damn late!) So I will trade the race cooler and the lines for a stock cooler and stock lines. or just sell the the race one with the lines. Thanks

------------------
Thanks guys
1991 GSXR 750

·
Registered
55 Posts
My 88 750 sure runs hot down here in the KY state. I wonder if a non-squid could tell us if weed make a good swap or not?

Got my tires yesterday, so I'm about to disassemble and do many things before the real warm days get here.

interesting...

------------------

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'll take a look at my cooler tonight, not sure what to look for, but will make sure my cooler looks normal.

Anything else this squid needs to know?

------------------

·
Registered
171 Posts
FYI

I don't think the 91 cooler will fit a 88

the 88 has a straight cooler where the 91 has a curved?

I think that is??

Not real sure?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not a squid, I just have other things to do, lol. I have a couple of other guys with the same interest up here but there coolers are damaged. A swap would definietly cooler your bike down. And it would be a bolt on process, I am sending the lines the brackets the bolts, everything! This goodridge cooler uses factory hanging spots also.

------------------
Thanks guys
1991 GSXR 750

·
Registered
37 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by farmz:
I have a race oil cooler plus stainless steel lines on my 1991 gsxr 750. The cooler is too much for the bike, It seems to over cool(I am in T.O canada also). I am told the race cooler can not be used on the street(too little to damn late!) So I will trade the race cooler and the lines for a stock cooler and stock lines. or just sell the the race one with the lines. Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

farmz: you are a squid, don't sell it, just run black ducttape over some of the cooling surface. In the summer when it's 90 degrees on Young st.you'll wish you had it, just start removing the tape.

------------------

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
stupid, on the old oil cooled gixxers you want to run a good quality oil (preferably synthetic), and change it pretty often. check the radiator fins and make sure that there's no crud clogging up the fins, and if any are bent, take a needle nose plier and gently bend them back.
i heard of some people putting fans behind the radiators to keep things cooler in traffic.
an auxiliary oil cooler or a larger replacement will also work well.

------------------

·
Registered
55 Posts
yup, straight cooler. Don't think I could get the curved to work. My fins all look good and clean. Will try the synthetic oil this summer and see if I get some cool runnings.

------------------

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
a good synthetic oil will be appreciated by your bike. personally i use mobil 1 mx4t, but people have different preferences.

------------------

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey 89, there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. I don't ever want to have to explain the duct tape over half my oil cooler, and with a bike that is all stock running hot at idle is not an issue. So please input something productive or just relax.

------------------
Thanks guys
1991 GSXR 750

1 - 10 of 10 Posts