Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out for a nice calm Sunday ride (75 - 80 MPH) when I rounded a corner to see the local Deputy Sherrif coming the other way. Instant lights and I saw him turning around in the rear view. Being the law abiding citizen that I am
I immediately stopped to converse with him. He asked me if I had any idea how fast I was going
and I explained to him that I more or less just listened to my motor so I knew when to shift and watched the road for hazards. He didn't have me on radar so he didn't know either but was going to give me a ticket for reckless driving. He told me that if I wanted to ride like that I should go to a race track at which time I informed him that I was a licensed racer and had I been really riding fast I would have been dragging my knee and footpegs through that corner. I assured him that I could have taken that particular corner at least 20 MPH faster had I been racing. The Deputy asked to see my CCS license and upon seeing it he decided that perhaps I was actually capable of handling my bike at the speed I had been travelling and decided that I had not been reckless.
End result was no ticket, no written warning
, just a reminder to limit my extra curricular activities to the track.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
good cop = donut

always carry free krispy creme coupons with you

yes there r nice cops out there , but the sad part it they r out #'d by bad cops

bad cop = no donut

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
i would have tazzed your no ridin ass

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
No ticket is always a good outcome.

My AMA license saved me a bunch a years back. Cop called me derogetory names, yelled at me... and I jsut took it. Then when he said I couldn't ride for shit I piped up and yelled back. Trough ou the license, explained myself ( similar to above ) After 5 minutes of arguing we sat on teh side of the freeway talking about bikes for another 15 minutes. No ticket.

I like days that those.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Lucky bastid...

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
I wonder if I can get away with that in my truck?

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just as long as you flash your NASCAR license.

(so the truth comes out - you're a closet NASCRAP fan)

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would have tazzed your no ridin ass
What do ya mean "no ridin'"?
I can ride, just not very fast or good, but I can still ride. And one of thses years I'll be able to remove the training wheels too.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Just as long as you flash your NASCAR license.

(so the truth comes out - you're a closet NASCRAP fan)
Look, just because I watched Days of Thunder yesterday...

(c'mon, we had a blizzard here with two feet of snow in 10 hours, there wasn't shit on TV...)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts