Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy race body work for my 04 gsxr 600. Who offers the best quality (ie: alignment, material finish)?

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
I use GP Composites stuff. Very good quality, lightweight, flexible, crashes quite well.

http://www.gpcomposites.com/

When you call, tell them Ralph from Team Skinny sent you!

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
aw, C'MON guys--ya gotta get GODFATHER. BEST prices you're going to find and is JUST as good a SharkSkinz.

I already bought two sets this year which StaleMate27 painted. He said prep on this stuff was virtually zero.

http://www.godfatherracing.com

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Who offers the best quality (ie: alignment, material finish)?
Since you didn't qualify your inquiry with the statement "for the money," I would have to go with SharkSkinz. I will be mounting a set to my R6 because I was very satisfied with their stuff on my 750. I'll also add that I'm not sponsored by any bodywork company.

·
The Shocker
5,211 Posts
Ditto on AK..

Ali really is the only guy that actually takes any amount of time making sure the parts fit right. The new stuff he makes is lighter than its been in a long time, yet still flexible, and strong. Good stuff!

I'd say the fit is as good as or better than sharkskinz, with the paint ready surface.. I believe they use the same or similar primer to the skinz folks, 'cept its not gay-ass pink

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
just grab Fever's crashed stuff

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
godfather .......

the set of AK i painted the primer was fallin off
sharkskins r great till they need repair

save your $ and get the godfather stuff hell get 2 sets for the price of 1 of the others mentioned

and i would like to add that im sponsered by NO BODY , but this is truely how i feel . i have seen it all and worked with it all and would pick godfather above the rest

·
Registered
177 Posts
Godfather Racing Plastics, why? B/C it's a perfect fit, easy install, and best of all $ savings!! The guy who painted my plastics for me said the prep was simple.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'll put in my 2 cents for AK composites. About as close to perfect a fit as one could ever expect, excellent flexibility, dead easy prep work, hold up when that oops moment occurs, and the price is right. However, I'm sure that their are others out there that do race body work as well.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
stalemate27 said:
Just curious, how so?

I repaired the SharkSkinz on my 750 a number of times and had NO problems using fiber glass mesh, tigers hair, bondo fill or glaze fill. Primer and paint stuck well to the body work too. The repaired areas never gave out in a subsequent crash; they wore just the same as the original fiber glass areas.

In addition, the R6's SharkSkinz have a great finish and take the primer and paint quite nicely.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER

386 566 3053

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
stalemate27 said:
Just curious, how so?

I repaired the SharkSkinz on my 750 a number of times and had NO problems using fiber glass mesh, tigers hair, bondo fill or glaze fill. Primer and paint stuck well to the body work too. The repaired areas never gave out in a subsequent crash; they wore just the same as the original fiber glass areas.

In addition, the R6's SharkSkinz have a great finish and take the primer and paint quite nicely.
because of the edges and how thick the gel coat is yes it can be done , ive fixed a bunch but would rather repair something thin like the AK's / godfather stuff its quicker and easier

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER GODFATHER GODFATER GODFATHER

386 566 3053
who ???

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I'm all about AirTech. I like bodywork that disintegrates when a fly farts on it!

My personal experiences are with SharkSkinz and now AK. Both are quality glass and fit fine. When I have to buy again, I'll probably try Godfather since everyone is raving about them now and their prices are phenominal.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
there is a smart man

1 - 20 of 22 Posts