motul 5.1
Sato rearsets
BMC race
Power commander
M4 gp slip on
afam -1 +2
evr 520 chain
Pirelli supercorsa DOT's
woodcraft case covers (not installed in the pics)

Here are the pics, tell me what you think.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Love the paint scheme but whats with the Zip Ties?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the bike is not actually a race bike, at least not yet, but i am plannig on racing it next season with WSMC. In these days i just do couple track days a month.

I am happy with the zip ties so far, I purchased dzus fasteners ( not the Dring type the other ones) and i didint want to drill holes really big on the plastics yet. I might do that later.

I didi consider ohlins dampner but so far i have the stock dampner with 20wt oil in it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Bikes looks great but the only things that I may be worried about is your pipe. It looks like it's resting right on your plastic. It doesn't look like you have something inbetween them but you may want to look into it. Don't want your new fairing melting on your first race.

·
Registered
385 Posts
GixxerTom said:
Bikes looks great but the only things that I may be worried about is your pipe. It looks like it's resting right on your plastic. It doesn't look like you have something inbetween them but you may want to look into it. Don't want your new fairing melting on your first race.
good observation! the midpipe of my yoshimura exhaust was touching my hotbodies race fairings at the very same spot. i didn't realize this until the day of my track event. by the end of the day, the paint was blistering but meh...they're only race fairings.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The pipe does rest on the plastic, I noticed that after the install too but
I said what the heck lets give it a try. I just came back from a 2 day track day camp and everything seems fine, no burning issues, it maybe the quality of the plastics or the paint not sure.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tnx

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Lovely bike, WheelieB. I had a similar problem with the exhaust touching the lower fairing at almost the same spot. Insertion of a small circular rubber washer about 2-3 mm thick between the fairing and the lower frame spar, with the lower fairing mount bolt going thru it, was enough to push the fairing out and create a gap between pipe and fairing (see pic below).

View attachment 26904

Oh, last time I looked, I had 30-odd zip ties holding together various bits (wires, cables and tubes) all over the bike.:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.