Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... I have an 04 gsxr 6. My buddy has an 04 r6.. We always talk shit about each others bikes but I took his for a ride the other night to test out his EBC brake pads and his bike was kinda nice. Don't get me wrong..... I love my gixxer like none other but the R6 was kinda nice.
My bike is an 04 6 with a BMC filter yosh headers and carbon exhaust. His is an 04 R6 with a yosh slip on and the EBC pads. But it was still good... the R6 motor is steamy but the front end is twitchy (no stabilizer
) but still overall okay... did anyone every have an experience like this where they felt like the machines were matched almost evenly. Oh well just thought I would share..

808fastbikes

P.S. I LOVE GIXXERS SO DON'T FLAME ME TOO BAD!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Between the R6 and GSX-R600, I would pick the Gixxer. BUT, if you're talking about 600RR and GSX-R600, I would pick 600RR. I dont' like the R6, there's nothing good about it. (my opinion). I had a 600RR before, but it got stolen and I've always wanted a Gixxer so that's why I got mine. The 600RR was much easier to ride. It took me a while to get adjusted to the Gixxer and I am loving it!
But sometimes I still miss the way the 600RR handled.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what your talkin about... my buddy had a f4i and it was light between the legs. (no pun intended) All the bikes have +'s and -'s. Suzi-yama-handa... thats my order :p

808fastbikes

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
I would stick with the gix just MHO though rode my freinds R1 and obviously pretty quick but the front end felt to light, not sure I could adjust to that after owning 2 gixxers and aTLR. I have rode other bikes but just love the Suzies.

Now I also agree with the above with the 600RR, haven't rode one but if I had to choose between the rr and the R6 I would take the RR

James

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
For street riding it's entirely personal preference. There isn't much difference in their performance abilities at all. If one has ergos better suited to you than the other, or you really like one over the other for whatever reason then go for it. The R6 is a nice bike, as is the CBR. Not much of a Kaw fan myself simply because their styling doesn't appeal to me as well as the others.

I don't see how so many people can afford to buy a new bike every year though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i had the 03 R6. I loveed it. Once i got a scott's on there and had the suspension adjusted it was amazing. However, I have likes and disliikes about it.

I loved the handling and ergos on the R6, but the transmission was nowhere near as smooth as it is in my 750. The lighting was better on the R6.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
The only bike that I really felt great on was a ZX-10. When I was on it I felt very comfortable like I was on my Gix, but I really don't see a Kawi in my garage anytime soon. I didn't really like the R6's that I have been on..........

rob

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I have never riden an R6, but I have riden a 03 gixxer600 and a 600rr. I would take the gixxer over the RR anyday. I hated that bike, of coarse at the time I had a TLR and jumped on it so it felt very gutless in the midrange. I looked at every bike you can think of from a Busa to probably the best riding bike I have ever riden the ZX10. Do you really need a ZX10 or Gixxer 1000 or Busa even, you can't use them to their potential on the public road and doubtful most can use them to their fullest on the track. I am a big guy at 6'2 245 so I felt like the 600 would get lost under me. I found a killer deal on a 750 and jumped on it, I love that bike! It has an unbelievable midrange and top end. After all the soul searching I think I bought no wait I know that I bought the right bike!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've ridden all three, the 05 R6, 04 RR, and I have an 04 Gix. My first impressions on the RR was that everything was really tightly made and that the bike was really really smooth compared to my gix. Does not vibrate as much, which is a plus. The handling on the RR is also very solid and predictable. But it feels a lot slower compared to my gix. My roomate just bought an 05 r6 about a month ago and Im the one that have been riding the bike because she has not gotten her gear yet. I must say, for 2005, the r6 is awesome. I hate to admit it but it feels a bit faster than my gix. It dips into a lean/turn much much much easier than the gix. Almost a little too easy. I had to get use to the twitchy front end and power. Dont get me wrong, I love the gixxer of course cuz i am a die-hard suzuki fan. I love the width of the gix and how it's bulkier. It makes it feel that you have better control of bike. Honestly, it would be a really tough choice if I had to re-pick what bike to get again. All of the bikes have it's ups and downs. I guess it just comes down to the physical attributes since the bikes are so close in performance and rider preference. Every new bike that you ride, of course you're going to notice it's positives because you're so used to your bike. I bet if you let your friend ride your gix, he'll be able to tell you what he likes more about your gix than his r6.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I looked at the 600rr and the R6 alot in addition to the Gixxer. They're all damn nice. The Yamaha just felt flimsy to me, it didn't feel as good udner me as the Gixxer. Of course I didn't get to ride any of them until I made my choice. In 03, I really liked the 600rr. Then the 04 gixxers came out

·
Registered
162 Posts
the gixxer is harder to learn at first, but once you get the hang of the handling, its unbielivable. i have been on a 05 r6 and didnt really care for it at all. good power and i like the look, but wasnt as much fun to ride, plus the steering felt loose, maybe it was just me but i would go with the gixxer

·
Registered
134 Posts
+1..... i agree.....dude handling is sooo much different now.... it been even nice now.... just fly through cars in H1 kokohead bound...

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have ridding 600rr, R6 and gixxer 600.... It gos like this

R6 : Handling (too small for me)
600RR : Wheelies (very uncomfortable)
Gixxer : Best all around.

Nuff said.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts