Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope the gixxer1000 is not geared this way.
75 to 80 is enough for first gear.. Man six gears and first goes more than half of the bikes top speed on the R1 & ZX10!
That dont seem very street friendly.
Sorry officer but I was trying to run through the gears and had not even made it to Second gear yet when I saw you light me up!

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Re: R1 =104MPH first gear..ZX10 104MPH first gear I hope the

Spyman said:
I hope the gixxer1000 is not geared this way.
75 to 80 is enough for first gear.. Man six gears and first goes more than half of the bikes top speed on the R1 & ZX10!
That dont seem very street friendly.
Sorry officer but I was trying to run through the gears and had not even made it to Second gear yet when I saw you light me up!
These liter bikes are insane aren't they. Who needs 5 more gears.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

I think 1st is too short on my 01, I would welcome a longer 1st

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts

Steve 1234 said:
I think 1st is too short on my 01, I would welcome a longer 1st
Well the report is that every gear except first has changed in size so it looks like it will be the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Yeah I don't mind it so much, my '03 Gix1000 first gear stretches to 90 - 95mph...it's nuts I ride mostly on back roads and rarely get out of 3rd gear which is in the 130's. Just wanted to add that's what the gauge reads... who knows how much it could be off.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Actually 2nd stayed the same. 1st got longer and the rest got shorter.

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts

Well lets see..... WSBK as the standard (only ones raced so far)......

Race #1 Yam 4th, Kawa 10th wow impressive.

Race #2 Yam 7th, Kawa 14th even more impressive.

Why do you need to compare the new 1k to lesser bikes???? Is it a dick size thing or what???

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts

jeffw said:
Well lets see..... WSBK as the standard (only ones raced so far)......

Race #1 Yam 4th, Kawa 10th wow impressive.

Race #2 Yam 7th, Kawa 14th even more impressive.

Why do you need to compare the new 1k to lesser bikes???? Is it a dick size thing or what???
I think the original post is kind of silly anyway because we all know who's boss now.

PS...... Jeff could you let me know how to get a hold of the Yosh catalog you got in today?? PM, E-mail me or post.... Thanks bro..

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

I just got done reading the new roadracing world review of the 05 1000 I got in the mail today. It said the tall first gear caught them off gaurd and they killed it pulling out of the pits. It also said that it would not power wheelie out of the turns unless you pulled on the bars. It was claimed that the mid range was softned up so that it was less prone to power wheelie.

·
Registered
565 Posts

even though im not sure about the new bike not power wheelying( a bike with 165 to the wheel) this makes me glad i bought my left over blk 04!

·
Registered
116 Posts

Well how come MCN australia said it power wheelied even in 3rd gear? There is no F'in way this thing isn't going to pull the front tire up in 1st gear.

·
Letting a guy blow me doesn't make me gay. Does it
546 Posts

even if they left te previous gearing it would still go faster in 1st gear due to the extra 1000rpm the engine will spin.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts

They said that the engine is moved farther forward, the rider is moved farther forward, the swingarm is longer, it is softened up in the midrange, and the rear suspension linkage is designed to prevent wheelies. It is lighter and has more horsepower.
It will power wheelie if you lean back and give a tug on the bars. You can't accelerate as fast if the front end is in the air.

·
Registered
565 Posts

im sure the K5 wheelies! All bikes wheelie! I bought the 04 for certain reasons: FAST BIKES; "Believe it or not there are people who buy bikes based on there ability to wheelie. however you like to pull 'em the Gixxer is clearly the best on the back wheel. The mid range skies front tyres, ripples rears, and drops you on the door step of the broad, flat 150 hp peak!

·
Registered
116 Posts

Yeah, check out the video in the other thread. It definately wheelies! He pulled it up at like 130 mph while tucked in. I couldn't tell if he used the clutch or not though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts