Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ill try to keep it short and simple.. We met in 6th grade (now 32) and became best friends right away.. Now, 8 yrs ago he became a father and the real side of him came out. The man came out of him and he did everything for his son as well as friends. He was the kind of person that was always happy and annoyingly loud... Kinda like you wanna ignore his calls but you know its no use because he always called 20 times in a row.. He said either your gonna answer or your battery is gonna die, one of the two..

Ever since we were young drivers till now he drove like he was the only one on the road.. He was always in control, and we always had fast cars (my father and myself are gear heads), but i just didnt agree w/ his "style"..
He was in the mind set that nothing is fast enough for him.. Pedal to the metal.. Phones, cars, bikes, girls whatever. Everyone, including myself told him to slow down many times and he would just laugh and say (in a joking voice) "its cool dog, you only live once".. Like he was covering the fact that he might of just scared himself...

Fast forward... A year ago he found his father dead on the floor. Natural causes... Out of 3 brothers, he stepped up to the plate to take care of his mom.. 6 mos later she died of cancer.. He set on my couch, cried and said "damn man, who do I have now?".. I told him "you got me and my family" because he was like my brother anyway..

He got his first bike 2 months ago and begged me to get another one.. So last thursday, Oct. 14th, I went and got one.. We crossed paths around 845 pm and pulled over to chat.. We b.s.'d for a few mins and I said "lets ride saturday, its gonna be nice".. Right before we parted I told him to be careful and for some reason I felt it alot stronger inside that time... He laughed and said once again "you only live once"... He left like a bat out of hell like always.. I shook my head and said to myself "damnit man... slow down".
Around the next bend he suddenly came to a stop when a pt cruiser decided to turn left in front of him.. I will save the physical details of the impact..
I had to give the police his name, etc... 3 hrs later he passed in the hospital and I went into the room to say my goodbyes.. It sucks really bad and the reality of it is is that he became a victim of his own addiction..

Tim,
I'll miss you....

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
thats a sad story. I know alot of people like that. He went out doing what he like most though... I always think that is the best way to go. Prayers go out to his family, because they lost 3 members in such short time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts