Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
16,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tragic & senseless.

Deputy Sheriff JD Paugh was shot and killed after stopping behind a vehicle on the side of I-520, near Gordon Highway, at approximately 1:20 am.

Deputy Paugh had just gotten off duty and was driving his department motor unit home when he observed a vehicle on the side of the highway. Possibly believing it was disabled, he started to stop his motorcycle behind it. Before he was able to put his kickstand down, a male occupant of the vehicle opened fire with an M4 rifle. Deputy Paugh returned fire three times, wounding the subject in the arm, before his service weapon was struck by a round and disabled.

The subject fired over over 30 rounds at Deputy Paugh, striking him at least nine times. The man then committed suicide before responding units arrived at the scene.

It is believed that the male occupant and his girlfriend were engaged in a domestic dispute at the time Deputy Paugh observed the vehicle and stopped.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20999-deputy-sheriff-james-jd-d-paugh

·
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
10,426 Posts
Damn. That's awful. :thumbdown

R.I.P.

·
I'm Sticking Around
1,665 Posts
All good intentions with sad consequences. Prayers go out to the family and friends of a fallen hero.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
My condolences to Deputy Paugh's family.

Tough to get rounds downrange when you're getting pinged by .223. He must have been squared away to give some before he went 10-7. My hat's off. Least the turd ended up DRT as well.

·
Hates the French..especially Le Skid
4,223 Posts
So sad, he just stopped because he thought he could help someone and ends up getting killed.

R.I.P

·
Registered
184 Posts
That is some effed up s**t right there. Poor guy was off duty, just trying to offer assistance. My condolences go out to his family. What the F**k is wrong with people these days. Sad story that's for sure.

·
Registered
674 Posts
RIP My fallen Brother and all other LEO's.

I was told that more LEO's died in the line of duty last year than the Army had over seas. The real war is here on our soil.

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Holy moly, just saw this today! RIP & prayers for his family & friends. :sad

·
Banned
975 Posts
FCK. I love motorcycle cops. RIP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
17 Participants
6spd
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing