Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a beast for this bike? I will catch hell for this but I like the looks of the stock pipe the placement however makes it loud as hell even with ear plugs in. I dont need anymore power ( havent even come close to mastering it in stock form yet). Weight is not that big of an issue either. It would be kind of cool to have a bike that the cops could not hear you coming a half mile away. Stealthy:eek:ogle

·
Registered
609 Posts
The stock exhaust isnt loud? I'm not deaf either. I'd probably go with a yosh setup or something, they seem to be fairly quiet.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
You have got to be kidding me. The stock pipe requires ear plugs?

:lol pussy

·
Registered
333 Posts
buy a car.... drive it... give your bike to me. then it will be so quite you wont even hear it

·
Registered
204 Posts
Your stock exhaust has a catalytic converter so your prolly not gonna get much quiter than the stock exhaust. From what i've seen Taylormade exhausts are pretty quite but not as quite as stock. Sorry.

·
Registered
215 Posts
:nono No i dont think u will find any quiter than stock , i agree with everyone here...stay stock in that case:dunno

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Unfortunately the exit of the stock pipe is not round, however an exhaust manufacturer may still be able to make up a baffle to reduce the noise level. If not, you may be able to buy a longer aftermarket pipe and have a baffle made up for that.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have got to be kidding me. The stock pipe requires ear plugs?

:lol pussy
Yep, you got me good. Im a pussy. I tend to run and hide everytime I see those tuff guys sporting "TAPOUT" logos or tribal tattoos on their arms but enough about me being a pussy. Let me rephrase my sentence, are there any pipes that move the exhaust tip further up the swingarm so that the noise is at least not directly under my head and remotely not loud? I know too many people that are half deaf or have a constant roaring in their ears from just wind noise. It happens over time.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yep, you got me good. Im a pussy. I tend to run and hide everytime I see those tuff guys sporting "TAPOUT" logos or tribal tattoos on their arms
:lol :lol I know exactly what you mean, those guys run rampant around here in southern california, its sooooooo intimidating! :lol

·
Registered
563 Posts
its a clothing company tailoring themselves to the "hey bro i'm an MMA fighter" lifestyle...gnarly. Try these homos on for size! The tapout "crew"

·
Registered
639 Posts
yes they do make exhaust that look more like the aftermarket pipes for the '05 models. That would put the pipe further behind you. Some may even come with a baffle you can insert to quiet it down even more. Overall it might be louder than stock, but with the pipe behind you, may still seem quieter to you. Do some research and Im sure youll find something

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its a clothing company tailoring themselves to the "hey bro i'm an MMA fighter" lifestyle...gnarly. Try these homos on for size! The tapout "crew"

Those are some badass looking guys. We seem to have a few kids (in Chattanooga,Tennessee)that hang out at the gym and local bars wearing the gear. They are all kind of skinny and little but I guess its a cool line to say "I am a MMA or UFC fighter". Either that or its is so they dont get picked on by the big kids. Maybe I need to sport the logo cause I cant fight my way out of a paper sack.:eek:fftopic

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes they do make exhaust that look more like the aftermarket pipes for the '05 models. That would put the pipe further behind you. Some may even come with a baffle you can insert to quiet it down even more. Overall it might be louder than stock, but with the pipe behind you, may still seem quieter to you. Do some research and Im sure youll find something
Thanks to you and the rest that gave usefull feedback. I have seen a few bikes getted waved off at tracks such as Tally and Jennings for having too loud exhaust. The bikes in question always seem to be those with shorty exhaust(like our year models) and motards. I know Two Brothers D&D, M4 are un-godly loud just not sure about the thirty other brands for our bike.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks to you and the rest that gave usefull feedback. I have seen a few bikes getted waved off at tracks such as Tally and Jennings for having too loud exhaust. The bikes in question always seem to be those with shorty exhaust(like our year models) and motards. I know Two Brothers D&D, M4 are un-godly loud just not sure about the thirty other brands for our bike.
really they said its too loud at the track?

I have never heard that as most tracks are used to cars running open headers, race bikes rarely have any noise restriction.

But really odd are you aren't getting quieter than stock just gotta try and keep the revs low.

But as said above a pipe like a yoshi that comes up high and hangs from the passenger pegs might alter where the sound is directed but it may be louder.

One thing to consider is that aftermarket may be louder by decibels but its a different tone that may not bother you as much.

I.E. my akrapovic is a lot louder than stock but the deeper sound isnt as whinny as stock.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Try looking into a quieter helmet (unless the one you have is good already). For the few hundred dollars you'd spend on an exhaust you could pick up a new lid that might help out.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Yep, you got me good. Im a pussy. I tend to run and hide everytime I see those tuff guys sporting "TAPOUT" logos or tribal tattoos on their arms but enough about me being a pussy. Let me rephrase my sentence, are there any pipes that move the exhaust tip further up the swingarm so that the noise is at least not directly under my head and remotely not loud? I know too many people that are half deaf or have a constant roaring in their ears from just wind noise. It happens over time.
We tend to call "those guys" POSERS. Me, I advertise Tapout and UFC because I actually am involved in the sport. I hold a winning record, and am proud of it. If you can't handle being called a pussy, get off of GDC. On the pipe subject, you stated you needed plugs because of the stock pipe being loud, not the wind. Wind noise is different. The stock pipe on the bike is NOT loud enough to warrant plugs. Wind, yes I can see it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts