Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a quickshifter and after doing alot of research i'v narrow it down to a few brands. Looking for more up to date reviews and concrete opinions.

Brands : Bazzaa, Cordona, Hm, Annitori , and translogic also thinking about going with the quickshifter function from flash tune.

They all seem to have really good reviews just need help deciding. Corey from the mummy suggest Hm or translogic. Seeing if theres snything i should stay away from, im sure they all work but i kind of want to buy it once and not have to switch it up down the road. Also kill settings would be nice. I do like the nice brap sound like the s1krr and i know its just unburnt fuel igniting but gotta admit it sounds badass haha.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I agree with Corey. HM or Translogic.

·
Bowling for other Riders into T1, because I am too
487 Posts
I have a bazzaz on my GSXR and I like it way better than the oem aprilia QS

·
Registered
368 Posts
Look forward to seeing what you get and how it all goes. I agree the blip sound is awesome. Every bike with a good pipe I have ridden with sounds awesome on up shifts.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
In the market for a quickshifter and after doing alot of research i'v narrow it down to a few brands. Looking for more up to date reviews and concrete opinions.

Brands : Bazzaa, Cordona, Hm, Annitori , and translogic also thinking about going with the quickshifter function from flash tune.
You can't go wrong with Cordona, HM or Translogic. ECU controlled qs works really well, but it depends how it has been done. I'm not familiar with Flash tune, but Cordona makes really good sensors for KIT ECUs and flashed ECUs.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have used several quickshifters on my K6 but have yet to fit one to my L5, although I will probably fit a Translogic.
I've used dynojet which had to be used in conjunction with an ignition module, it was probably the worst I've had. Swapped that for a Translogic, which was good, changed to Hm because everyone was raving about it. Wasn't any better than the Translogic in truth. Changed to the Bazzaz as it was part of the traction/fuel management I fitted. That is by far the best in my opinion, smooth changes at all speeds/revs and always a nice pop!

·
Registered
911 Posts
i have had zero issues with the dyno jet units or bazazz units. the dyno jet one i still have on my k6 works perfectly.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I had horrible results with the Bazzaz. Had to have it rebuilt twice in a year.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I purchased HM Lite. Haven't had much opportunity to ride the bike since, so wouldn't be able to give a review except it's weird to ride with vs never having a qs before.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ended up going with translogic and love it no problems yet. My buddy got the h&m and his started over heating and misshifting and failed 2nd at the track day but mines was also 500 and his 200

·
Registered
368 Posts
My story goes as follows.. Took bike to have ECU flashed, then base map of Woolich Race Software loaded, then a custom map. My mechanic thought it would be a good idea to fit a K&N air filter to replace the stock one, and then because I didn't want to pay more in, he tried the DynaJet QS. This apparently didn't work.

So back to standard air filter and HM Lite. Eventually got to ride bike on track and following day on road. Bike kept getting false neutrals. Took bike back and they tried to spin me a story about my gearbox and the only option would be an HM Plus. So, in the end I paid in for the upgraded QS. Haven't ridden track yet, although I plan to tomorrow. So far, on road riding this HM Plus has been fantastic and super smooth.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so sounds like they tried to do the quickshifter through the ecu flash with a qs sensor which wasnt working to good so you had to get the actual standalone unit. Lets see how it holds up at the track for you my buddy said it has to do with kill settings and sensor being to sensitive because his is a push/pull sensor vs being a pull or push

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
19 Participants
everclear
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing