Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2017 1000 ABS model have the quick shifter or is it just the R model? Also, exactly how does this work?

Never used a quick shifter and fairly new to riding street bikes.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Does the 2017 1000 ABS model have the quick shifter or is it just the R model? Also, exactly how does this work?

Never used a quick shifter and fairly new to riding street bikes.
It looks like they added it to the spec later?

https://thebikeshow.co.za/gsx-r1000-quick-shifters/

(edit - this is South Africa link, I'd check your local dealers spec)

Basically it means you can kick up and down a gear without using the clutch or having to worry too much about coming off the gas. It will auto-blip for down changes and auto-cut for up changes.

·
Thick skin setting engaged
122 Posts
To answer your question the quickshifter is standard only on the R model. It can be added to the standard version since the motor and transmissions are the same. The Suzuki quickshifter uses inputs from sensors on the shifter to cut ignition for a predetermined amount of time for upshifts and to blip the throttle for downshifts. Overall I am very pleased with the factory quickshifter.
Now for the bad, if you're fairly new to riding street bikes I strongly suggest not buying a GSXR 1000. I don't know your experience level and I'm not going to give you the "you'll die" speech. I'm just going to give you my opinion that this bike isn't a beginners bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi, u can purchase quick shifter/blipper for std model. I have the standard abs model , and i fitted the oe one on mine , its plug and play. 490 pounds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi gaz, did you mount it alone? since I bought it myself and in the manual says that errors can appear that must be reset only with sds2, is it true? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
To answer your question the quickshifter is standard only on the R model. It can be added to the standard version since the motor and transmissions are the same. The Suzuki quickshifter uses inputs from sensors on the shifter to cut ignition for a predetermined amount of time for upshifts and to blip the throttle for downshifts. Overall I am very pleased with the factory quickshifter.
Now for the bad, if you're fairly new to riding street bikes I strongly suggest not buying a GSXR 1000. I don't know your experience level and I'm not going to give you the "you'll die" speech. I'm just going to give you my opinion that this bike isn't a beginners bike.
you have to be careful in different markets (not US)it is included on the other models sometimes.

jason

·
Registered
60 Posts
No . Error code . Fitted myself its plug and play , just follow instrictions . When done insert key that says red , try to start , then use normal key , starts up. Super smooth up and downshifts . Very happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
first change valves pneumatic valves, second change control unit, third install change cable and sensor and finally make contact with both keys
Why would you need to change the pneumatic valves on a bike with the same motor and transmission, I would only think maybe a ecu flash and maybe a different connection

·
Registered
412 Posts
Blipper question.. To downshift, are you supposed to be off the throttle completely, or does it matter?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts