Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just completed the quik release seat pins for my bike yesterday.
It went very well and only required drilling the the threads of the inserts on the subframe. Use a ¼" bit and its a perfect match...now if i can just find a reason to lift the seat more often....

you can get them here....
http://www.sargentcycle.com/acfastaccess.htm

[ 06-15-2002, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: eSeMeS750WX ]

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
I have been meaning to get those. They are a great investment. Everytime you lift the damn tank pulling off the seat is a major pain in the ass.

Good job!

jontflesh

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
they've got an outlet in the uk too, and i've ordered some !! just couldnt resist !!

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
i plan on getting some of those for both the gixxer and tlr, got to find a aussie vendor for those..

·
Registered
119 Posts
What do the pins fit into in the subframe? I have a plentiful supply of various pins but was just wondering how you get them to bite into the vrame.

Thanks

N|nj

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jus drill out the threads (where the seat bolts in ) and the pin (once seated all the way) will catch at the base of the insert(which you jus drill the threads from) its a gr8 fit, and a simple project too.......

·
Registered
119 Posts
I see, so the pip (ball bearing) is latching against the underside of the frame?

In that case then Id need to find out exactly what size pin Id need between the collar at the top and the pip, because Id have to root about through all our pins to see which is nearest.

Is there any chance someone could measure this distance between the underside of the pin head and the pip itself, but I guess this would be the same as the measurement between the top of the seat lug and the underside of the subframe?

danUK - You say you found a supplier in the UK, who is that and how much are a pair of pins.

Thanks

N|nj

[ 06-16-2002, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Ninj Gixxer 750 ]

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Craftsman T handle allen wrenches are pretty nice. 20 bucks for a set of 7 and they help with the other bolts on the bike too!

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
from the lil nip to the end of the pin is 3/16" ±,
and to the washer (top) fro the nip is 7/8" ±

hope this helps-------these pins are really helpful - save your wrenches for other bolts and stop peelin the seat corners back.

scott

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Ninj Gixxer 750

sorry for the delay in replying, but these fast fastners are £25 for a pair. call sean williams at sargent cycle uk depot 01550 740655. rides a bmw so be prepared for a real strange person !!!

cheers. dan.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ive just measured the ones I have lying about and they are virtually identical:

1" from pip to collar and,
3/16" from pip to base of pin.

Im intending to try them in the bike tonight and see how they go.

I may be able to source more of these pins for anyone who is interested, together with some nice retaining loops to make sure the pins dont get mis placed when removed. Ill keep you all posted.

Rgds

N|nj

[ 06-18-2002, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Ninj Gixxer 750 ]

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
these numbers are approximate my friend. im usin a retractable tape measure here...if you goto this link, youll get exactly what i have. If you want, i can buy them 4 u and u pay me (if you cant get them there) i got mine the NEXT day after i ordered them!!!

http://www.sargentcycle.com/acfastaccess.htm

ps- i cant find the exacts on these, but my measurements are prolly w/i 1/16"

let me know!!

scott

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ive fitted the pins and they are a perfect fit.

They must be the same as the ones you guys get from Sargent but these are lying around at work.

If anyone is interested I can send these pins as a pair complete with nylon retaining loops at a fraction of the cost. I could even ship these to the US if there was enough interest.

Thanks for all the help guys, a very trick mod well worth doing and very easy.

Regards

N|nj

PS I will be moving a post over to Mods and How Tos if there is enough interest.

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
COUNT ME IN FOR TWO SETS OF EM....
(LOOKIN TO GET EM CHEAPER THAN I DID)ANY DISCOUNT FOR TURNIN YOU ONTO EM????

THANKS

SCOTT

·
Registered
701 Posts
Originally posted by Ninj Gixxer 750:
Ive fitted the pins and they are a perfect fit.

They must be the same as the ones you guys get from Sargent but these are lying around at work.

If anyone is interested I can send these pins as a pair complete with nylon retaining loops at a fraction of the cost. I could even ship these to the US if there was enough interest.

Thanks for all the help guys, a very trick mod well worth doing and very easy.

Regards

N|nj

PS I will be moving a post over to Mods and How Tos if there is enough interest.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Talk money to me! (Post a pic, too, if you can)

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
yes post pics and how much $$ I am about to order those quick release pins!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts