Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to put the bike away for the winter, but since I live in an apartment complex I will need to take it to a storage facility so it doesn't sit out in the cold. After changing the oil and putting the sta-bil in, will it hurt anything if I rode it 10 mi or so to the storage facility (before letting it sit all winter)? Also, is it really necessary to fill the oil all the way to the cap? I've heard mixed opinions about this. :confused

Thanks

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
put in the normal amount of oil. riding w/stabil in is ok. it's actually good since it get's it flowing thru the FI system.
cover your exhaust outlet so critters don't climb in, put carpet under the tires if you can't get them off the ground, remove the batt or put it on a tender.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
BadBoyBilly said:
How much you paying a month for the storage facility?
Depends on where you go and how big a storage area you get. 2 season back I stored it in Canton, MA with the 'Storage Shedd'. It was about $50 a month.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
technically the oil shoudl not be contaminated, so you should not even start it. then again I am sure everything is fine. I had to run mine too for a minute to make sure fresh oil goes everywhere.
I also do not get the whole top it to the cap with oil idea.
It makes no sense: 1st you ca not run the engine so you know oil has not gone everywhere
2nd the oil still does not cover the some fo the ctritical areas, such as the top of piston rods, cams...etc.
3rd what a recipe for disaster if you accidentally start it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.