Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question about the \'95 GSX-R electrical system

Where in god's name is the fusebox on a '95? On my old Yamaha it was right next to the battery, but I can't find it anywhere under the seat on this thing! Sorry, if I am just blind/stupid, but didn't feel like tearing off the fairing looking for the thing when it was likely in an easy to get at place that I was overlooking somehow.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Re: quick question about the \'95 GSX-R electrical system

all the way to the rear, under the passenger seat is where it should be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Ok, thanks. It occurred to me to look there, but I couldn't because 3 out of 4 bolts holding that seat down are stripped. Any ideas on how to remove these stripped bolts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts

are you sure that those bolts are holding the seat on...maybe you overlooked the key lock under the brake lever side tail fairing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I wish I had just overlooked the key release, but I found the hole in the tail fairing that is supposed to line up with the key release and there is no place for the key. Maybe the previous owener broke it and bolted the seat on to repair it? Gotta love discovering stuff done by the previous owner. However, I do realize that I need to buy an owner's manual though.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts

There should be a cable comming from where the lock mechanism used to be.Try tugging on the cable while lift the rear seat upwards.If you haven't tried this already.If you need a service manual,PM me and I'll show you where to dowlnload one for free.

Bobbychet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts