Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will someone post a close up pic of their shifting lever and rod. My stuff is back on after the powdercoaters but im still playing with the adjustments to get the toe throw the way it was before. I know i need to adjust the vertical arm some still.

Appreciated!

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
the measurements of the distance is: 2.5-3.0" From top of peg to top of the shifter...........and i think its similar on the brake side too but i just adjusted the brake by feel..........

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whups, i put that top piece on wrong...gonna change that around and see how it feels

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nevermind....thats gp shift....i just need to adjust the long part to be taller so i can up shift

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so i was making adjustments and then the bike just wouldn't start....fuses are fine and it will still push start...what the heck?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is that uppermost piece that slides on very adjustment sensitive?

im about ready to go to the stealership b/c i haven't been able to ride in so long!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
GSXR-6 said:
Ok, so i was making adjustments and then the bike just wouldn't start....fuses are fine and it will still push start...what the heck?

Your clutch is probaly not pulled in enough. Reach down and manually push in your clutch lever all the way and I bet your bike will start. Clutch just needs to be adjusted.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was starting and then it stopped...i didn't adjust the clutch inbetween and it is tight, tight enough to pull the lever all the way back out when you let it go. also, when push started it worked, but the throw is all wacky and gear engagement is strange.

Im wondering if the issue is with the part that is the the top left corner of your pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.