Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get my bike dyno'ed soon on a portable dyno. I have never dyno'ed anything and really don't know what to expect at all. By this I mean I'm a newbie when it comes to dyno's.

What and where are they going to hook up to my bike? Will I have to remove anything, like fairings? What gear do you do the run in? When (what RPM) does it start to measure the HP?
How does it start, like do they press and button and say go? Will I be the one on my bike or do they say THEY have to do it (im pretty sure I know the answer to this but im asking anyway.)? I may think of some more questions later but thats good for now.

thx for any useful info.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Re: Questions about getting a dyno and the process of doing

1. They will have to get to a wire under your seat or tail section. They hook up a led to read RPM's. You shouldn't have to remove anything except the seat.

2. A horsepower run is typically done in 4th gear. Some guys do an all gear run also.

3. You won't actually be on the bike. The tuner will be. And yes, they do press a button of sorts.

It's kinda nerve racking watching someone else run your bike to redline. Ask lots of questions if you have them. Most tuners are very helpful, atleast mine is.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Re: Questions about getting a dyno and the process of doing

yip, thats the way it happened on the dyno that I use....I have 2 Gixxer 1000's and both have been on the Dyno several times...I haven't ever used a portable dyno though and there are to types of Dyno's. Depending on the type you are using, your numbers might be really low compared to others with the same type of bike, but don't get worried about it if it does....Ask alot of questions like philbie said, my tuner will talk for hours about the dyno and how it works..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts