Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see a lot of people here recommend the woodcraft frame sliders....but i've also seen a lot of people here say not to go with solid billlet type frame sliders since they will likely bend instead of grind down and end up messing up da frame, seen a nice example of it in person actually...so then whats da difference w/ woodcrafts....aren't they the same concept or am i missin somethin...thanx

jared

·
Registered
112 Posts
I love mine, they already saved the bike from a slow fall. The other plastic "tube" like slidersi had on before were complete shit. They cracked right off the second they touched the ground. That was from just falling over, and cost me a new side cowl. Woodcrafts are also nice because those pucks are replacable for $20.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I've got the LP carbon inlay sliders and they withstood my mess. The slider saved my frame! It did its job.......... bent the bolt, slider stayed intact, and my frame still looks brand spanking new! 40-50 mph crash that threw both me and the bike into a twenty five foot ditch.

A lot of LP stuff has a "cheap" reputation, but the sliders WORKED!!!!! Like I said........ the $65 expense, saved my bike.

Rob

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have Vortex sliders and had a low speed drop, no damage to the bike or slider at all. If you look close you can barely see any damage at all. I've heard that the billet frame sliders tend to grab when they go down where the Delrin sliders wear away. In a case of a get off the metal sliders grab causing your bike to roll instead of slide during a get off. I do not know from experience, but it sounded good to me.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have the woodcraft sliders. Thankfully i haven't tested them yet. I have an 04 600 and one of the fairings had to be cut slightly when putting them on because of the wide diameter. So be aware. I think they look better anyway.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have Vortex sliders and had a low speed drop, no damage to the bike or slider at all. If you look close you can barely see any damage at all. I've heard that the billet frame sliders tend to grab when they go down where the Delrin sliders wear away. In a case of a get off the metal sliders grab causing your bike to roll instead of slide during a get off. I do not know from experience, but it sounded good to me.
I heard exactly the same thing. makes sense though. take some aluminum and scrape it across the ground. it does not slide well. now on your bike that would cause more resistance casing the wheels to eventually touch in a slide which might make it roll. and that causes all kinds of damage. plastic or urethane derlin slides very smoothly, but does where down quicker. just my two cents.

·
Registered
188 Posts
vortex and its metal base variance will do serious damage to the frame engine mount points. I have said this over and over, metal to metal is never good with frame sliders. I found this out the hard way and almost totalled my shit because of the vortex sliders and their "fancy" metal base frame sliders.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the Suzuki Frame Sliders and sadly have had to use them in an accident I had about a month ago. They seemed to work fine, they didnt bend or crack at all. The one on the left side was ground down and packed in, but it did its job. My fairings were still messed up because the bike actually flipped. The sliders dont help much there, Ha

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the Suzuki Frame Sliders and sadly have had to use them in an accident I had about a month ago. They seemed to work fine, they didnt bend or crack at all. The one on the left side was ground down and packed in, but it did its job. My fairings were still messed up because the bike actually flipped. The sliders dont help much there, Ha
did santa buy you a new one?

·
Registered
150 Posts
did santa buy you a new one?
Nope, Sadly Im in the process of waiting for a new LH Fairing, Upper, and Tail Fairing. Also a new Stator cover, Fairing stay, and Left Clutch assembly. I just took off all the old fairings and realistically, the bike got off rather lucky. Oh, I did too Lol

·
Registered
213 Posts
well i hope everything works all right and lets not let that happen again! sux to hurt the bike but sux more to hurt urself. be careful with the beard it may get cought on something.....hahahaha.if the plastics get there merry xmas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.