Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

1st post here.. Been poking around this forum.. Pretty cool resource for gixxer's..

Getting my motorcycle license soon and am purchasing a 90 gixxer 750 from a friend of mine. I know the history of this bike for the most part. Here are the specs..

Bike is a 750. Rear tire recently changed. Rotors changed due to warpage. Stage 2 jet kit. 6000 miles.

Is there anything I should be looking for on this bike as far as defects or known issues w/ this year and setup? In general as far as buying a bike (as this is my 1st is there anything I should be looking for in terms of anything I might have to replace or something that could cause possible problems??)

Thanks in advance.
Omar

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be taking a friend who is very knowledgeable with bikes.... I will have him look for that.. Are there any other problemms I should be looking for??

If thats all, definitely not bad that that's the only thing I should be looking for.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
make sure it stays in 2nd gear under full acceleration.. notorious for poppin' out
FOR SURE.!!! my first gixxer did'nt do this till I got it home and rode it and i could'nt do anything about it and bike shops charge like in the thousands to fix.
and the timing chain tens. are known for givin out also

·
Registered
303 Posts
so did mine.... so i know what uw ere goin' thru... had to have the whole motor rebuilt cuz i just couldn't take not.. havin' the most juicy gear available.... anymore

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
at what mileage did any of you see that problem w/ the bike popping out of 2nd gear?? this bike only has 6200 miles on it. only problem that it has besides needing a tuneup is that if you gas it too much at startup the bike floods.. any ideas??

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
only problem that it has..... if you gas it too much at startup the bike floods.. any ideas??
welcome to the world of carbureted machines.!!
use the idle adjuster till it warms up a bit no throttle needed.!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok.. i guess i didnt word that right... although i just recently learned what you were last talking about.. using the idler to "warm" the bike up..

however the problem is actually when taking off from a standstill... if you give the bike too much gas, the bike stalls... seems like maybe the carbs are getting flooded... but dont know for sure.. if the bike keeps on rolling you can pop the clutch and start her right back up. but again, when gassed up too much it just stalls...

if you let the gas go easy the bike has no problems and this seems to be only when you take off..

any ideas, suggestions, or thoughts??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool.. will try that once I actually get my hands on the bike which should be soon.. any other ideas or suggestions... Trying to find out about all the little defects and possible issues prior to me buying the bike as my funds are limited and I cant really afford to be spending much more than the price of the bike + insurance. And I dont want to purchase the bike and leave it sitting in the garage...

Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.