·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these will bolt on with out doing any mods. Thanks

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
As far as I know, if you drop the tripple that came from the 93 in to your frame you should be okay,
but ask Simon
paging Simon, or Doug
-Karl

·
Registered
263 Posts
Same here I am no expert but I have read on this forum that if you get the clams and all it is a straight bolt in. The calipers and suck I don't know about but the forks and trips' slip right ito the frame. Try doing a "search" from the choices at the top of this thread. Put in fork swap and I bet you'll find some answers.

Goof Luck.

John

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes you can use the inverted forks on the frame. But you will need to use the upper and lowwer triple clamps,the bearings are the same just assemble everything together.

Thanks
Doug
SpencerCycle.com
1-800-510-1945

·
Registered
434 Posts
the complete assembly with the triple clamps will bolt on but I do not know about the length some 1100 forks are longer, for shure the 1100 with the clipon on top of the triple clamp are longer dont know about the earlier one. The front axle will be diff so get the wheel and brakes discs which are diff and the speedo drive.

·
Registered
628 Posts
doug if i were to run 750 93 inverteds on the 1100 frame ? IS this a bad thing

I want to seek out a 750 frame sooner or later so if i were to stick the forks to that frame it will be fine.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I see two questions posed here.

#1...Will the forks in question bolt on? Yes. If a complete steer/triple assembly is attached with the correct diameter fork tubes and wheel...Yes.

#2...Will the position of the chassis before and after the fork swap be affected? Maybe.

Let us determine the distances involved.

With a tape measure, measure from the ground to the bottom of the lower steering bearing along the length of the fork.

Do this on the existing forks and on the ones you intend to install. If the distance is greater on the USD's...the chassis will ride higher off the ground and your CG will be raised as well. If the distance is less... the opposite applies...and you increase you chance of grinding bodywork, pegs, etc...

When I installed the '94 750 USD's I measured and they were within a few millimeters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts