Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.are people welcome at these track days (nesba) that are not riding (spectators)? i would like to try it (getting sick of riding the streets) but i would like to c for myself before i try it. cause thats the kind of guy i am. 2. (nesba) it says u can rent leathers? for 50? but 500 down the 500 incase u wreck or run off with em? refundable? 3. i was reading the writup on track days. i am very interested in it. but can someone give me a idea of how much they spend say 1 day at the track include everything . remember im totally new have no idea what so ever about anything... so i need from A to Z... well u get the idea i would appreciate it. hmmm i know im forgetting something. if so feel free to add.

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
I've never been to a trackday that spectators weren't welcome at... Definately go check one out. You'll find a lot of friendly people that can personally answer any questions you've got.

Not sure about the leather rental but I'd guess the deposit is only forfeited if you crash and damage the leathers.

On a given trackday you can expect to spend the following;
1.) Entry; $100- $300+ depending on the track/organizaition.
2.) Tires. You don't need NEW race tires but it's a good idea to have nearly new performance tires at a minumum. ~$200
3.) Food/Gas $40?

So, if you've already got GOOD tires on your bike and you find a relatively inexpensive track/organization you're probably only looking at a couple hundred bucks. Could be more... but doesn't necessarily need to be.

Check this page for a complete list.

Only one downside to doing a Trackday... be prepared to be ADDICTED. It really is that much fun.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Quig pretty much said it.....

Get to one asap....and You'll never look back...cuzz doin track days, is more addictive than crack....
dam I'm funny...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quig said it....
Doing trackday tomorrow....
$175 for day
$49 for gas for truck
$16 gas for bike
$23 for water, gaterade, food and beer after wards.
$400 for tires every third trackday
Best money ever spent
Who needs drugs?

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
DONT DO IT!!!!! Your going to get hooked and youll waste money and youll go bankrupt just to race. Save yourself! SAY NO TO TRACK!!!

But if you do go might as well buy new leathers ebay sells them very cheap. AGV, Hein Gericke, fieldsheer, KOBE etc are nice and affordable, and should last you a long time.

Make sure youve got a helmet with no crashes on it. Gloves gauntlet style that goes past the wrists, and boots.

Just go out there sign up for novice and just enjoy it! Its a lot of fun

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks alot for the information i appreciate it. i hope to get to a track sometime soon. i dream of getting my bike on a track. nothing like mountain road to make ya smile i couldnt imagine the feeling of being on a track and not having all those worries in the back of your mind and just being able to enjoy the rush. i will do it soon... again thanks

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
If you haven't already done so, check with the track day orgs. in your area for bike prep..cost ect...also, alot of racers do track days, and can offer some good advice on riding..just about all of these people are great when it comes to helping ya with something..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts