Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the yellow number plate have to be the plane dark yellow that most run or can it be a brighter yellow? Or is it all good as long as it is yellow?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Just as long as its <font color="yellow">YELLOW </font>

Actually, the bottom line is that it will be up to the discretion of the guy tech'ing your bike whether your yellow is yellow enough.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
KRYLON Yellow will be just fine...

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
in ccs it has to be "yellow" in WERA, you can get away with a neon yellow, infact you can even get away with a neon green. From what i have read they actually prefer the green, they say it is a bit easier to see.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
pastel yellow is the ticket! make sure you do your borders in pink, they are the crowds favorite!
and accent it with some pink/yellow streamers hanging from your clipons. And don't forget to put a pole with a flag on it also, that will let the crowd know exactly where you are the whole time you are on the track

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
pastel yellow is the ticket! make sure you do your borders in pink, they are the crowds favorite!
and accent it with some pink/yellow streamers hanging from your clipons. And don't forget to put a pole with a flag on it also, that will let the crowd know exactly where you are the whole time you are on the track
sounds like you have this on your bike already ...

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
The only yellow not to use is neon yellow with neon paints ....

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Any recommendations where I can get yellow vinyl?
pick up your yellow pages and look for vinyl shops in your town, there is tons go in and for $5 you can get like 3 feet! cut it to your liking and use soapy water to put the vinyl on and then squeegy the water out

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried the universal kits from Street and Comp, but those are so stiff that I couldn't get it to fit right no matter how much soap and water. I don't know if heating it up would have helped or not. It would have looked like jig saw number plate on the front.

So I am going to give it a rattle job and be done with it since it will be my back up bodywork.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Lockhart Phillips sells sheets of Yellow vinyl.
way to hard to work with...too thick...

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Yea I got me some yellow tape also! Since my bike is all ziptied together it's fitting that I use yellow ducktape. If i happen to throw my bike into the weeds I will have plenty of extra yellow tape.

·
Registered
139 Posts
LMAO @ duct tape!

FWIW, I used Sherwin Williams Acrylid Enamel (automobile, aka "real" paint). The color was in the Fleet book, on the same page as Schoolbus Yellow, but one or two shades lighter. It's a little darker than "Safety Yellow".

CCS tech likes it just fine.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
sounds like you have this on your bike already ...
I have this on my tricycle, but I hear of some old fat man in the NE that keeps wrecking all the time, that he has it on his bike.......I unno, but that's what I heard

1 - 20 of 22 Posts