Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so if I want to get my stock plastics painted. Just the plastics not the tank yet. Do I need to sand them down and take of the decals etc. or can I just scotchbright the shit out of it and then take it to get painted? What can I do to get the best results.

I would guess sanding and taking the decals off would be best but thought I would ask first.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing ever fits aswell as stock body work does, the plastics are in great shape, just thinking about a new color. Maybe your right and I should consider getting so rashed work off ebay or some racework from hotbodies or something.

·
Registered
919 Posts
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt.... i've been on the waiting lists for hotbodies and sharkskinz since APRIL - I'd get on ebay and find some lightly rashed bodywork, but just for upper/left/right on ebay you'll be able to get a full race kit, so welcome to my dilemma

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sandblast the plastic. Then finnish sand it with 250. It works great. The tank is the easiest to do thow. You can use paint stripper. Get it done with the rest. Take all stickers off first. I can normally do my bike in 1 week working on it after I get home from work. My bike normally changes color yearly because it doesnt cost much at all doing it all myself.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
you would need to remove the stickers, and then wet sand with 400 at the heaviest.. 250 would leave grooves and wouldnt look good. first thing to do is remove the stickers, then use some wax and grease remover, and then wet sand.

and if you want bodywork that fits like a glove you want to get the www.akcomposite.com bodywork.. ive run it on a couple different bikes, and there is nothing that fits like ak's do. they fit perfect right out of the box.. give them a shout, and tell ali that I sent ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts