Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode all summer on my 711. At the end of the summer my chain broke and wrapped around my drive sprocket. This broke the area around the seal for the shift rod. it wasn't all that bad and I was going to install a new seal and fix the area with JB weld to hold the seal in place. A closer look last night there is a hair line crack coming from this area in the crank case.

I am wondering if I am able to use the crank case from my 94 750 on my 96 1100 motor..
1. Can I just take the top end parts and put on the 750 crank case? (top end being jugs, head, pistons, rods and I am guessing timing chain since the 1100 is taller)
2. Are the gear ratios the same?

I know that the 750 is cable clutch and the 1100 is hydo clutch. that's not a big deal to me right now. I just want to get it running and I don't think that JB weld on a crack will hold when the crank heats and cools.

thanks in advance
Green

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Crank, oil pump, clutch, timing chain, tensioner, selector mechanism (including shift rod) and gearbox are all different. However, you can move all the internals from the 1100 cases to the 750 cases successfully. Done it, raced it, no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Crank, oil pump, clutch, timing chain, tensioner, selector mechanism (including shift rod) and gearbox are all different. However, you can move all the internals from the 1100 cases to the 750 cases successfully. Done it, raced it, no problems.
Will the 1100 jugs fit on the 750 cases with out machining? Would it not be just easier to weld the crack on the 1100 cases. I have done that before, but never tried putting 1100 jugs on 750 cases. I had to machine the jugs on my old oil cooled 1052 motor to fit 1127 jugs on it. :dunno

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
internals like crank on up to the pistons?

can you tell me what internals?

thank you
Green

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will the 1100 jugs fit on the 750 cases with out machining? Would it not be just easier to weld the crack on the 1100 cases. I have done that before, but never tried putting 1100 jugs on 750 cases. I had to machine the jugs on my old oil cooled 1052 motor to fit 1127 jugs on it. :dunno
that is what i was hoping to do, put the 1100 jugs and all on the 750 case. crank also if needed. i could careless if is a cable or hydro clutch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I apologize for miss using terminology. I am not wanting to put jugs on my bike. I am asking about the cylinders.

I was reading on another post someone saying that you can put the 1100 crank, rods, pistons, cylinders, and head on the 750 lower but you need to you the RF900 clutch basket to mate with the 1100 crank due to the 6th gear in the 750. can anyone confirm this?

i'll try to find the post again

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Everything that can be unbolted or unscrewed has to be moved from the 1100 cases across to the 750 cases to use them. The only common parts I can think of are the water pump and a small selector drum roller detent. Main bearings will have to be replaced to suit the case codes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts