Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a question for those of you that have Hindle exhausts for air/oil cooled gixxers.

Are the headers solidly bolted to the engine (like the older Yoshimura systems), or does it use spigots that are bolted to the engine and the headers are then spring attached to the spigots?

Thanks,
Yancy
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,509 Posts
My Hindle has the latter assembly. Stainless stell spigots are bolted to the head, and then springs hold the header pipes securely in place.

If you're wondering about quality, weight or service from Hindle...chew on this...

I bought my bike with the Hindle on it about 3 years ago. When I cleaned it up I took the whole pipe off and I was blown away with the lack of weight. MUCH lighter than the Yoshimura a friend has.

I had only one problem. The RG model I have has factory threaded pit stand mounts on the swingarm. When I put the Pitbull spools on it I thought there was room for the full travel of the swingarm. But there wasn't and a spool dented the can.
So I would remove them after repair/maintenance work before a ride.

But I thought I'd check with Hindle and see if there was something to be done about the lack of clearance. When I called they put me directly to the head man, Lang Hindle. He is very familiar with my old 750RG. I was surprised to learn the pipe on my bike was actually made for the 1100's. Hindle told me they hadn't started making 750 SS pipes until just recently. Then he tells me "take some pictures of the pipe on the bike from a few views and show me where you would like the elbow and can to be. Then pack it up and ship it to me and I'll make you a custom elbow and rebuild your can." That still blows me away. So I shipped it to him.

I called yesterday and he's due back from the Indiannapolis dealer show tomorrow, but the person I talked to knew who I was and why I was calling and I only had to tell her my name! not the usual BS of being just another number.

I'm confident it will be better than I hope, and will look great.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,514 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
My Hindle has the latter assembly. Stainless stell spigots are bolted to the head, and then springs hold the header pipes securely in place.

If you're wondering about quality, weight or service from Hindle...chew on this...

I bought my bike with the Hindle on it about 3 years ago. When I cleaned it up I took the whole pipe off and I was blown away with the lack of weight. MUCH lighter than the Yoshimura a friend has.

I had only one problem. The RG model I have has factory threaded pit stand mounts on the swingarm. When I put the Pitbull spools on it I thought there was room for the full travel of the swingarm. But there wasn't and a spool dented the can.
So I would remove them after repair/maintenance work before a ride.

But I thought I'd check with Hindle and see if there was something to be done about the lack of clearance. When I called they put me directly to the head man, Lang Hindle. He is very familiar with my old 750RG. I was surprised to learn the pipe on my bike was actually made for the 1100's. Hindle told me they hadn't started making 750 SS pipes until just recently. Then he tells me "take some pictures of the pipe on the bike from a few views and show me where you would like the elbow and can to be. Then pack it up and ship it to me and I'll make you a custom elbow and rebuild your can." That still blows me away. So I shipped it to him.

I called yesterday and he's due back from the Indiannapolis dealer show tomorrow, but the person I talked to knew who I was and why I was calling and I only had to tell her my name! not the usual BS of being just another number.

I'm confident it will be better than I hope, and will look great.
<hr></blockquote>

where did you wind up shipping your pipe to? Canada or US?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,509 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:


where did you wind up shipping your pipe to? Canada or US?
<hr></blockquote>

Directly to Port Perry (Canada).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
Did Hindle say if there were any problems with using a 1100 pipe? If not I would like to get my grubby hands on one. Are you using the 4-2-1 or 4-1 pipe? I have a yosh and want to get something different.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,509 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by suzukiltd:
Did Hindle say if there were any problems with using a 1100 pipe? If not I would like to get my grubby hands on one. Are you using the 4-2-1 or 4-1 pipe? I have a yosh and want to get something different.<hr></blockquote>

It's a 4-1.

I asked him about any potential problems having an 1100 pipe. He said everything is spaced the same and the diameter of the pipes is the same. The ONLY difference is distance from the spigots to the bottom of the motor. 1100 motors are taller so a 750 pipe would not clear the oil pan. An 1100 pipe will have plenty of oil pan clearance on a 750, but the bottom of the exhuast will touch the fairing lowers. He's 100% correct, I had to cut away two notches into my lowers to give the pipe clearance. The previous owner had used some crappy heat shielding but it had got hot enough to melt the plastic anyway.

When I told him I'm putting a 907 into it with the '92 valve head, I swear I could hear him smile over the phone. He said it will have no problem breathing out with the 1100 header.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Wait a minute. Did you just say that Hindle is in Port Perry? What the ... I grew up there and alot of my family still lives there. Where exactly are they? When I try to access their website I get a denied error.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,509 Posts
Here's Hindle's highly sought after address and phone number...

Hindle
140 North Port Road
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
L9L 1B2

905-985-6111
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
So...will the 1100 header fit my 89 750? i know it fits the 86, but will it fit mine? If so i'm puitting my bid in for a V&H one right now.

thanks, ronnie
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top