Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for a new lik, the shoei RF1000. The helmet i tried on was real tight, but the guy at the shop said that that is how i want it. My question is, will the padding loosen up any when i wear it? or will it always be real tight. The reason i asked was because it felt a little uncomfortable being that tight, but the next size up was too big.

Thanks for the help

jimmy

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
The padding will loosen a bit but not much. Of course a helmet should be tight, but if it's too tight wearing it for extended periods will give you headache...
Maybe the RF1000 just doesn't fit the shape of your head, you might want to try out other models or brands...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Where did you think it was too tight? Our helmets (Shoei) break in 2mm per cheek pad but very little around the crown of the head. If it's the cheeks, don't worry about it, you can change them but if it's the crown go one size up. If you feel it's a little loose in the crown one size up give us a call (714) 730-0941 and we can send you loose foam to cut and put in where you need it to make a custom fit around the crown.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you think it was too tight? Our helmets (Shoei) break in 2mm per cheek pad but very little around the crown of the head. If it's the cheeks, don't worry about it, you can change them but if it's the crown go one size up. If you feel it's a little loose in the crown one size up give us a call (714) 730-0941 and we can send you loose foam to cut and put in where you need it to make a custom fit around the crown.
i actually found out last night when i was trying on some lids, that the shoeis have replacable cheek pads, where it was too tight, i was trying on a 37, swapped it out to a smaller size, and it fit much better

thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts