Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get a confirmation. I have no clue what size my carbs are,unless I measure em.

They are off an 90-93 and I am assuming they are 38mm carbs. There is a slim possiblity that they could be off an 89 but I am 99% chance they are off a 90-93 so I am assuming 38mm am I correct. Cause I plan to add a Stage 3 Dyna Jet kit but need to confirm size.

Sven

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
actually just going by carb size won't help you too much with a jet kit (they are based on stock bike/carb combo's)

I am going to try to hook up with the guy that ran MAS in White Rock to dyno tune the old beast, maybe you might want to do the same?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
actually just going by carb size won't help you too much with a jet kit (they are based on stock bike/carb combo's)

I am going to try to hook up with the guy that ran MAS in White Rock to dyno tune the old beast, maybe you might want to do the same?
<hr></blockquote>

Mr Gixxer pass on the info when you have contacted the guy at MAS. I have spoke with him before when they were running the dyno machine at Carter Honda couple of years ago.

I am pretty sure with the help of a buddy or Gord at Imperial I can get a Stage 3 to make the bike run a hell of alot better throughout the entire rpm range. It is running very well except for a couple of flat spots , and I feel a jet kit will improve it

Sven

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sven:

Mr Gixxer pass on the info when you have contacted the guy at MAS. I have spoke with him before when they were running the dyno machine at Carter Honda couple of years ago.

I am pretty sure with the help of a buddy or Gord at Imperial I can get a Stage 3 to make the bike run a hell of alot better throughout the entire rpm range. It is running very well except for a couple of flat spots , and I feel a jet kit will improve it

Sven
<hr></blockquote>

you can buy the jets individually instead of buying an "off the shelf" jet kit

I will let you know about MAS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.