Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mod hates me
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 97 GSXR 600 I'm selling.. But... I'm thinking of keeping it for my girl... Its a beautiful bike, But it has many mod's, and is fast as shit.. and safe as shit.. Excuse my mouth.. Anyways..

My girl, Not the most coordinated woman, But I love her all the same! She is 120Lbs..About 5' 3.. No experience other then passenger. YES she is going to take the course around our area first.. BUT I'm still wondering if this is a good IDEA. I'd hate my self if she got hurt.

How many of you jumped on a 600 that was built? What year... I see some girl with newer 600's out there, Was that your first bike all together? Or did you ride any other type of bike first... Even a dirt bike? (She has never done that, just a passenger on mine)

As well, I hate to ask this, but she want's me to...and I'll take a pic so you know I'm not a lier. She is 24, and has a huge bust... Her first thing she stated was "My t!t'$ are too big for that bike, and gas tank!" To me it's just funny.. cause I don't have those..LOL sorry. But, You woman out there with big bust, does it get annoying riding..

She is very ambushes, and wants to ride all over the place..(funny she talks about riding to FL, and NC from MA...And she does not even have her license yet! Gosh I love her!

As well, She is currently looking for gloves, and a nice jacket...If any of my fellow lady rider's have any nice gear they want to off to my wonderful woman, Please PM me, and maybe send me a pic, or a link so I can show her... And yes, Of course..If anyone needs my girl to post a pic, so you know what I mean, I will... NO She's not in to nudes, and Nice fully clothed pic, with (as she calls it) the problem area! LOL

So, If anyone has a story, or could give some advise...that would be great

The bike is at stock hight now, but am going to lower it, if I give to her.. Yes it has new rubber.. Nice new rubber..Metzler M5's.. Race jet kit, Suspension has been set for my weight, witch I would change to her's (less 30 lbs from me) Been re-painted, and has had a small crash...(not a salvage..I would not put her on junk) New battery, taken care of very. very well.. only 17k.. ALL new seals..So I'm sure with my self it's safe enough..(Two bro's carbon fiber can, so it's loud enough..Bright blinkers and lights to bee seen) But give me your insight..

If you ladies tell me know... then It's up for sale..(is currently, But considering taking off)

Will she deff be getting her license next year? I don't know.. I hope so, But she is my girl, and may change her mind.. like she has twice already! LOL (Two appt. for class passed by, cause she was not ready according to her, It's all good, At her pace i say) So...Tell me what you think.. thanks!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Checkout craigslist and find her a used 250 or 500 and let her learn on a very used bike... It will save you quite a bit of money and she won't feel bad when she drops it... Also get her all the gear first then let her ride, she'll thank you later when she makes her drops and doesn't bang up her elbows... Tell her to take her time...

Why did you mention Big Boobs? Dammit post pics!!! LoL

·
Registered
83 Posts
my g/f had her bike before I met her but she took the course and grew up riding as a passenger on her parent's bikes. She's had a 96 CBR F3 600 for two years or so. Only modifications that I know of were lowering links, exhaust and suspension tune.

She can handle it fine but she did drop it once when she first got it. She's 5'2 and 120 pounds and can't get her whole foot down unless she's leaning to a side. Needless to say she dropped it when she was on a hill and I'm guessing she didn't put her foot down in time or couldn't hold the weight (happened before I met her).

It's more than likely she will drop the bike if she doesn't have the leg strength or great coordination. I would recommend get a smaller, lighter bike. My g/f sometimes wishes she had a ninja 250 but at the same time she doesn't think she could step down in the power after being used to a 600.

·
Mod hates me
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I respect the guys... But I am really looking for a woman's view..

Why did i mention the boob's, Well I did not.. She did.. And if you look above, it's hidden in there why... Big gas tank, leaning on it can be a PAIN i guess for long PD. SO My big chested woman... MY girl would like to know if it's a problem.. And her's are real.. She just told me there's a difference between real and fake's squish.. Again, I dont know, I'm not a girl, Just repeating what she wants to know..

We are trying to get her gear right now.. we are looking to the community to see if anyone has anything for sale first, then we would spend money at the stores.. We believe in helping others first.. then corp America. So again, anything you may have for her.. Please PM me.. Cash if close, paypal if not.. ONLY.

I planed on putting hte bike down for her.. My 750 is lowered right now, and she loves it.. I know I can drop the 600 just as much.. But still weight when moving is the question, when trying to stop. She does have very nice legs...But claims her upper body is not as nice.. (I'd have to dis-agree)

Thanks for your help WOMAN!

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
A 600 SS is not recommended for any new rider, male or female. Look at the Ninja 250, Hyosung 250, GS500, Ninja 500 or GSX500F. Have her sit on bikes to see what fits her the best plus, she will have a better idea after she takes MSF of what she likes or might like.

I started with a EX500 back in 1988 and rode it 32,000 miles my first year. I rode that bike for a year, sold it as I was going abroad but when I came back, I bought another EX500 and rode it for 3 years or so before getting a ZX-7. Start small and build skill and confidence, then move up.

·
Mod hates me
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear you.. Honestly I have to say that a 600 is a great starting point for some! but we are all entitled to our opinion.

I have decided to sell the bike, and not wait for her to pass the course! We are both happy with the choice. She loves the bike, but smarter is better!

We are still looking for some nice gear for her.. Used second hand, depending on what it is, and condition. Thanks for your input.. And as for the last couple post.. I'll try to get a pic of the "Problem area!" LOL

My first bike was a 600, then a 1400, then a 1000, now I'm back to the 750... right perfect for me!

·
Deceptively fast Bob...
20,178 Posts
If you post up pics of her we may be able to identify if she can ride the thing safely.

She is very ambushes
Is she going to attack us from behind?

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
My girl, Not the most coordinated woman. . .
Actually, this is of considerable concern.

It takes a significant amount of coordination and motor control to ride a motorcycle. There are plenty of wonderful people out there and I'm sure your girl is one of them. However, there are some people who simply should not be on a bike. I have a brother like that. He constantly wants to ride my Busa but I've seen the guy in action and it just ain't gonna happen in this lifetime!

I'm dead serious about this. It needs to be carefully considered.

--Wag--

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
We are still looking for some nice gear for her.. Used second hand, depending on what it is, and condition.
If you can't find used, check with newenough.com in the bargain basement. They occassionally have leftovers for great deals, and they have the best return policies I've seen if it doesn't fit. They'll also answer questions about sizing.

Good decision to start on a small bike. It was better for me to take small steps & have fun along the way. Confidence takes time; best not to rush the process.

Enjoy! My husband & I have SO much fun riding together! Best thing I ever did after 50!

·
Registered
3 Posts
over 12 years ago I personally started on a 91 ZX6 and got a cbr900Rr a short time later b/c a friend wrecked my bike for me. i am a bit bigger female than she sounds. I'm 5'10" so seat height hasn't been an issue even though the newest bikes are getting damn tall.

putting her on an older 600 has both its ups and down -as with any new rider male or female. its a heavier bike which does make learning slow speed handling a little more difficult and harder to pick up in event of an "oops". It does have the size that she can grow into it... despite what a lot of people think most riders do not outgrow a 600. Using the total power that is there is all about her personality. If as a new rider she is gonna feel she has to keep up with you/any other more experienced riders... well that doesn't usually end well... and i suggest track days.

I have seen people do tons of damage on ninja250s and people start on busa's and be fine. She needs to be comfortable and confident in handling whatever bike.

As far as personal recommendation... look at the SV650 especially the first gen (99-02). but if she can keep her head on straight the Gsxr will probably be fine if lowered.

Luckily for women now female gear has come a LONG way since i started riding.

just my 2 cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts