Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you have pics of how you solved your mounting problem?

nice coils, but they are big

I am pretty sure that I am going to mount the Dyna 2000 in the tail section under the seat (on the fender eliminator that Simon made me
)

[ 03-10-2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Mr Gixxer ]

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
what are you going to do for wires? i don't think dyna makes wires long enough to mount them in the tail section...we usually mount them up front under the tank under the front mount of the tank...

dwayne

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by BBWATERCOOL:
what are you going to do for wires? i don't think dyna makes wires long enough to mount them in the tail section...we usually mount them up front under the tank under the front mount of the tank...

dwayne
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">he he...

no the Dyna 2000 control unit will sit in the tail section, it comes with a 6 foot long harness

the coils will probably mount under the tank in the space vacated by the stock airbox

I just wanted to see what you guys were doing

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:

no the Dyna 2000 control unit will sit in the tail section, it comes with a 6 foot long harness

the coils will probably mount under the tank in the space vacated by the stock airbox

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you can get me a setup like you got for free, I promise to take 47 8x10 color, glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one...

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by FastCat:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you can get me a setup like you got for free, I promise to take 47 8x10 color, glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one...

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I wish I could get all you deserving guys free stuff, but I do my best each month to get a cool giveaway

of course I have to keep some stuff for me

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I would like to see my self. I have a set of new coils my self. Give up the pics.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I will try to get out and take some pictures. I used the stock mounting holes and alum tubing as a spacer. You need to notch the tubing on one side for the coil wire. I used a Accel custom wire kit for a 4 cyl car that you cut to fit but I am planing on switching to Nology wires sometime before spring but I have had the wires for 6 months and have not put them on yet.
I also mounted my Dyna 2000 under the tail where my rear seat used to be.
Bones

·
Banned
982 Posts
For Years,I mounted the Dyna coils to the outside Of The frame...I'll take some pictures!

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I decided to run them near the stock location

one will run across the bottom holes (almost bolts right up)where the bracket for the stock ones bolted up and one will run across the top set of stock bracket mount holes (need to make a little bracket)

the bottom one has the towers pointing towards the back of the bike and the one above it has them facing down

should work out pretty good, and I like it better than having the plug wires ruuning over/through the carbs if I was to mount them in the vacant stockairbox space

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I just have to make a better set of brackets for the top coil, but it looks like it will work fine and clear everything

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by FastCat:
Looking good Mr. G! It never is as easy/simple/painless as a real "bolt-on" though is it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">sure ain't!

when I was talking to the dude from Dyna, I asked him if they would fit the stock location (cause I knew they are larger than stock)

he says "sure they will bolt right in, they are a little bigger than stock"

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Gixxer:
DC4-1 2.2 ohm

the grey ones
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey Bri, glad to see you solved the never ending Dyna mount prob. Don't you just LOVE "marketese". Anyway, I guess if they were the same size as stock, the primaries and secondaries would suck the same

Just a heads up if you haven't already sussed it: cut up a piece of closed cell neoprene to mount between the dyna 2000 and the metal of that tray. It will REALLY cut down on the vibes. Normally, all that shit is mounted to aluminum, which is one dead metal when it comes to transmitting vibration, but isn't that tray thin steel???....just checking.

Later!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts