Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my buddies 93' GSXR 750 due to him not being able to ride anymore (really cheap). It had been sitting for a few years covered up but not isnde so it didn't run. Did turn over. And probably didn't need too much work.

After me owning it for a few years I haven't been able to do anything with it. It will probably need to be completely rebuilt and definitely needs new fairings and body kit. My question is, is there a new body style and engine I can swap too? If I'm doing a full rebuild I would rather put a newer engine and body on it than try to find parts for a bike that's almost 30 years old. Any advice would great! Thanks alot

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,272 Posts
Judging by the title of this thread and your actual questions, bring it to a shop to have them get it running. If after having this bike for years, you're not able to simply get it running, then step away from your toolbox. Motor swaps are infinitely more involved and costly projects. Same for custom bodywork projects.

Please take the time to consult the forum list when posting in the future. I'll move this to the correct forum.

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
308 Posts
Take it to a shop, a few hundred bucks labor and some shop consumables and I'm sure it'll be running.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Judging by the title of this thread and your actual questions, bring it to a shop to have them get it running. If after having this bike for years, you're not able to simply get it running, then step away from your toolbox. Motor swaps are infinitely more involved and costly projects. Same for custom bodywork projects.

Please take the time to consult the forum list when posting in the future. I'll move this to the correct forum.
Didn't see a section for the 90's GSXR's sorry

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,272 Posts
No worries. I think if you're logged in on some phones, the menu and navigation of this place isn't exactly self-evident.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts