Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey man, I see that you are very knowledgeable and have asked a few questions on a fuel injection problem I've been having. I just read a message you posted to someone about the "dogs" going bad, you said "When the dogs start to go bad, you will get miss shifts and it could "slip" out of gear under heavy accel." Last week I missed a shift into second and only second and it made that grinding sound too so I pulled over. One question though, when it slips out of gear as you describe does the power drop and "FI" light come on? or would the bike red line as if it suddenly went into neutral because it slipped out of gear. What happens to me is under heavy acceleration, the bike jolts, so I let off and pull in the clutch, when I let back out the FI light comes on reading the error message c12, I know that it means the crankshaft position sensor but could my problem be the "dogs"? I'd really appreciate any info. you might give.
Once again Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
It isnt the DOGs dont worry about that... When the dogs are going back the bike will jump out of gear and act like you sliped it into neutral.

The problem you are having does sound like a CPS... I had it ONCE... It could be a bad sensor or even the sending unit. Hard to say without opening it up... Might be that the sensor is to far from the sending unit... It can happen...

John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot man, that really is a big help, now I'll finally be able to get my baby running back to normal again!!!

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
take it to Karl at the motorcycle shop, on route one....(if its still there......)

he was the best (aside from a friend [Ganef]) to wrench in that county, by far.... i miss the expertise!!

esemes
U of Md class of 1995

1 - 4 of 4 Posts