Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you most know .. I lost second gear. I have found a local mechanic who will do the complete tranny job for about 850-1000 canadian...and that includes replacing 2nd and 5th gear and the shift fork and drum. Now I also have one more concern.. I get some oil blow by when I hammer on the throttle... I know that bike didn't puff when I first bought it and now it does.. can overfilling the oil once do this meaning that to much oil was then forced into the air box and then being sucked into the carbs and burnt.. you know what I mean .. I need some idea's on this one here

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but where can you get a whole 1100 motor in running conditino for 1000 canadian ?? if you find one you let me know .. they are like 2000 here and not even in a bike to see or hear run

·
Registered
622 Posts
2 G's for a motor, I payed that for my complete 92 11 a month ago!!!! I guess your not asking the right questions at the salvage yards. Try Oshawa salvage, steve is resonable.

Cheers

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thanx bro!!!! Too bad though, my 16th was a lot better
That was the first time I could ride my bike legaly on the street
That was the best day of my life

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Who cares about a bit of oil smoke on an old bike !
live with it, just keep an eye on the level and enjoy the ride instea. That gearbox price is too much, get a new motor instead and keep the parts,

Andy

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by rimmer:
yeah but where can you get a whole 1100 motor in running conditino for 1000 canadian ?? if you find one you let me know .. they are like 2000 here and not even in a bike to see or hear run
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I got a spare 1052 motor for $500cdn with aftermarket cams, and a second gear on its way out.
shop around that job should not cost that much.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually have the oem shop manual and the clymer manual and my Friend and my (mechanic) brother is gonna help me replace the rings and the 2nd and 5th gear and the shift fork and that should be all... then I hope that fixes the blow by problem with the oil and the gear problem .. Well I know that will fix the gear and hopefully the new rings will fix the oil blow bye.. but if not owell atleast I will have better compression.. and the parts total are only about 400 and labour is free....

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you are replacing 5th and 2nd, and plan on riding it hard, spend the 100 bucks US ( I think) and send em out to orient express in the states. They will undercut em. My second gear started poppin at the strip after awhile. OH yeah and replace the stock shift spring with an aftermarket, its worth it. Also replace the shift detent arm while u are at it and shim it so it has 25 to 30 thou sideplay so it doesnt ride up against the side of the shift drum, you will get a smoother positive shift, trust me 185 hp on my gixxer don't lie!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts