Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know this subject is beat to death but I haven’t seen anything about this.... so I have a 89 slingshot and I am installing 93 750 front suspension. All good bolts right up.... except the bracket for my upper fairing doesn’t seem to fit properly. I looked in the parts diagram for 89 and it shows the bracket bolting directly to the frame. In the 93 diagram it shows the bracket bolting to this aluminum bracket below. So for those that have done this swap I am assuming I now need this aluminum bracket as well. And if so does the original 89 fairing bracket then work or would I need a 93 fairing bracket? And do either of these set ups work with a 89 fairing ?
cutting the stock bracket to eliminate the clearance around the wider forks is an option because this is a race bike with no headlights just don’t know if that will lead to other problems down the road in assembly. Like I said I haven’t seen this mentioned before although I’m surely not the first to run into this. Here are some pics.
the replacement bracket for the 93
And the parts diagram not showing the bracket and showing the bracket.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Take some pics of what it's hitting. I had no clearance issues. We can compare setups and see what's different. I'm pretty sure I have the 88/90 fairing bracket.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take some pics of what it's hitting. I had no clearance issues. We can compare setups and see what's different. I'm pretty sure I have the 88/90 fairing bracket.
I will do that at some point. I have a lot going on the next week or so, I’m practically living at work because of the whole COVID 19 thing. I will be in touch at some point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts