Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the throttle body of a 2001-2002 1K and 2000-2003 750 the same?

I heard that the 1K is bigger and that some guys use it on the 750? is it right?
Is it a direct bolt-on? What gain as been seen with this mod?
Any other parts needed other than the throttle body?

I would use the 1K TB with my 750 airbox/stacks.

I guess i will have to get a custom map after !?

Thx to help me on this.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
I doubt they are bigger or if they would give you any extra hp. I know the injectors are different, so youll be running rich.

Doesnt sound like a good idea. If you want more power take off the head get them ported and polished and some cams or just do a motor swap

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The750 and 1000 throttle bodies are the same diameter. You will not gain anything at all.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
its the 03 04 1000 tbs you want. they bolt right up but do run rich to start. we picked a decent amount of hp in the mid range with them, i cant remember how much but it was enough to justify their cost. i dont think it did any for the top end though just cleaned up the low and mid. you gotta dyno tune them in to so figure that cost in.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its the 03 04 1000 tbs you want. they bolt right up but do run rich to start. we picked a decent amount of hp in the mid range with them, i cant remember how much but it was enough to justify their cost. i dont think it did any for the top end though just cleaned up the low and mid. you gotta dyno tune them in to so figure that cost in.
Thx a lot, i was not sure about the years.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is it anybody else who can confirm this ?

what about the choke cable,connectors and sec throttle valve actuator ?
nothing to mess with ?

Thx

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
check your email sid 6.1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts