Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the replacement seat cover suppose to come with a new bike? My friend told me that you are supposed to get the rear seat and the rear cover when you buy an 05 GSXR 600 is that true? I think Im going to have to go to the dealer. BUt anyone can confirm I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah my 04 came with seat and seat cowl.

·
Registered
249 Posts
YES. They are even VIN matched, it is supposed to be from the same paint batch as the tail. I didnt get mine on my 05 at the same time I got my bike and they had to give me another one, so the yellow is alil off. Go back to the dealership and talk to a manager.

·
Registered
337 Posts
100% positive you were supposed to get the cover!! It is shipped with the bike in a box straped to the seat. Dont let them f*** you, it is at their shop rite now. like I said its shipped with the bike. Got it with my 04 and my 05. (04 stolen)
Good luck.

·
Registered
183 Posts
YES. They are even VIN matched, it is supposed to be from the same paint batch as the tail. I didnt get mine on my 05 at the same time I got my bike and they had to give me another one, so the yellow is alil off. Go back to the dealership and talk to a manager.
Mine came with the bike when I picked it up, but I didn't unwrap it until I got home (70+ miles away). The paint looks a little darker on the cowl than the tail to me, but the date on it matches the bike's date of mfg. Its probably just me and nobody else would look close enough to notice anyway.

Definately go back to the dealer and demand what you paid for. If they don't give it up, call Suzuki.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
my k5 750 came w/both....never new the solo cowl was vin matched...hafta check dat out in da mornin b4 i go 2 work.

Jared

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
YES.. period

they tired to make one of those "for only $199 more" expressions to ya didn't they!!!

if you pay them $199 more they'll throw in a free passanger seat cowl and 2 whole oil changes free!!

hhaha

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yes it does!

When I first bought my bike, they didn't give me the actual seat. I went back and got it....that seat cowl piece if plastic cost like $150.00...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts