Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to get an integrator kit; I want to keep a separate set of turn signals. The problem is that it looks like my stock turn signals were modified (shortened) and the person cut a hole big enough to fit them. I bought a new set of turn signals, and they will not fit. I can basically fit the turn signal through the hole
. So, I have heard of people eliminating most of the fender, and making a new one for the turn signals and the license plate. Does anyone have a how to for it, and are there other alternatives?
Thanks for your help!
Oh, and I have a 1997 GSXR 600

[ 11-22-2002, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: DMan918 ]

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Buy four large washers (larger than the existing hole) at Home Depot and you should be all set.... even if you have a Fender Eliminator Kit, most of the time, you will not need to bore a new hole for the Turn SIgnals.

[ 11-22-2002, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: migz123 ]

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can cut off the whole piece off crap undertail using any number of techniques. I used a metal edge and an razor, scored half way through and broke it off clean. Intuitive Racing makes nice little brakets to hang the plate and turn sigs from and they are on sale.

web page

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
here you are a little picture

Just to pose a little - this is the front -

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I use little LP signals now - they are mounted on a pair of L shaped brackets that I riveted to the stock License plate bracket - sounds bad - looks great.

the L's are simply steel sprayed matt black, and dremeled to size/shape.

Total cost was about $2

I'll take some picks later....

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Blakjax98

I understand what you mean, but the insides of my fairings are kinda heavily dremmeled nowadays, and there is no longer anywhere to mount a bracket - besides, I love the flushmounts....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your input. I took your ideas and mounted them up. They look really good. I really question the flushmounts I got though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the same light as the ones u have in the rear, in the front also. I had to make alil bracket for them. Just took a 1.50in ( in length) steel plate, drilled two small holes on the top and bottom of the plate and one big hole in the center for the lights end to go through. If U look how the old one came off and was mounted youll understand what i did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts