Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little confused about some of the terms used on this forum and I've been a little embarrassed to ask about them. But this is the squid farm, so.....I decided f*ck it!

1. what is high siding
2. what is low siding
3. how do u put ur bikes on those stands
4. why do some ppl put wrist bands around their front brake master cylinder/resevoir thingy

I'm sure some of u will be like:wtf or even :cursing but u can flame away cause i just gotta know then I'll be like :cheers and if u help you'll totally :punk

If you don't like it, :flipoff

Thanks! I'm :wait

·
Premium Member
73,386 Posts
high siding - pieces of aluminum that are put on the side of a house, closest to the roof

low siding - pieces of aluminum that are put on the side of a house, closest to the ground

the stands are electrical. line em up with the wheels of the bike, press the button, and viola! bike is on the stands

the little wristband thingy on the brake reservior is to show what set you rep. you know, gang colors...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, I hadn't figured on pure sarcasm :lol

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Okay, okay... since I'm not a farmer I'll give more serious answers.

High siding - pretending to be Superman
Low siding - pretending your a MLB player
You put the stands under the bike not the bike on the stands - search "lever"
The wrist bands are use to soak up the brake fluid if you don't put the cap on tight enough. Well, that and something about UV.

·
Managing MotoJoe
71,515 Posts
High side-going through a corner & getting flung off the bike in a violent way (usually towards the outside of the corner, etc)

Low side-going through a corner & usually tucking of the front tire, the bike just slide out from under you ( you can spin the rear out too, etc)

The stands-there are spools you put on your swing arm for the back stands, and the front is specially designed (just do a search for bike stands)

The wristband-I'm not 100% clear on this one, I'm not sure if its a fad or what but I do know it actually protected the one on my hubby's 01 when he went down :scratch

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Punkadilly. You earned your wings & halo today in my book!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Seriously HJ,
The squid farm is more about humor and such (*ahem* a cult if you will, filled with good folks); hence, the sarcasm. Dilly just happens to be one of the nicer folks here. Your question would have been taken more seriously at "The Starting Line" or even "General Bike Talk". Truth is we all had to start at the beginning somewhere, so I'm glad you got your answer. Glad you're here.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Dammit, I don't think I can outdo the answers already given :(

The wrist band serves a dual purpose. Keeps UV light away from teh fluid to prevent breakdown and the main reason is for in a crash to kind of hold things together and soak up some brake fluid if the the reservoir cracks. Brake fluid is a pain in the ass to clean up and it etches plastic and eats away paint.

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.