Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is my first time posing a question on this site. First of all I am really glad we have this site for gixxer lovers. Anyway, my question is I have a K6 GSXR 600 that the previous owner changed the front sprocket (down 1 teeth) and he had a PCIII installled as well. Could someone please tell me what exactly PCIII suppose to do. The second part question is how can I get a more precise reading on my MPH speed. Thank you for taking your time to read this and answer my question.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
teeoff said:
Hi this is my first time posing a question on this site. First of all I am really glad we have this site for gixxer lovers. Anyway, my question is I have a K6 GSXR 600 that the previous owner changed the front sprocket (down 1 teeth) and he had a PCIII installled as well. Could someone please tell me what exactly PCIII suppose to do. The second part question is how can I get a more precise reading on my MPH speed. Thank you for taking your time to read this and answer my question.
Your speed should be sorted by a speedo heeler....
PCIII, i'm no expert....but have a look at www.powercommander.com..

Sorry if my spelling is off.....

Good Luck...

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
K well your new here... Welcome aboard next time please use the search function, it works wonders.

PCIII is used to change the Fuel mapping to give you a overall better running bike, you gain power lose flat spots in the rev range and get better throttle response.

But it needs to bee tuned by a professional DO NOT FUCK with the buttons.

With the sprocket change do some research on the speedo healers. Alot of site sponsors carry them

·
Registered
150 Posts
A PCIII reprograms your fuel map. When set up on a dyno it allows the perfect ratio of fuel and air to be programmed for all throttle positions and revs. Basically it smooths out your power curve and give you a little extra to boot. If you are changing your exhaust from stock then you should deffo get a PCIII to make the most out of your bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts