Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, lots to ask in here.

1. If 15W50 either way, is the Motul 300V or 300V-4T oil better suited for racing? Both seem like they'd work well, and I *think* the 4T is slightly higher-end oil, but I can't tell for sure based on the descriptions.

2. What kind of grease are yall using on axles? I'd think you would want something low-friction but high-temp/high-shock. I've just been using the cheap stuff from Checker Auto Parts, but given that most oil companies also make greases I figured I'd ask. This isn't a critical part of things but certainly every bit helps, so if someone knows of a brand that has less friction than another I'm all for it. Or, are they all basically the same?

3. Rider weight with gear ~160. Bike is an 01 GSXR600, Racetech forks, all tuned for my weight. What fork oil weight would you guys recommend? I'll be due for a change in a month or so, and may as well order it with the oil and other stuff I need. Am kind of tossed between Motul and Motorex on this one, I think both would be fine.

Input welcome on all of this stuff! Thanks.

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
Motul? Made in France... pick another brand.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm....

yeaaahhhhh.

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
Umm....

yeaaahhhhh.
To continue...

Grease? Dude... It's GREASE. I wouldn't waste too much time or energy worrying about it. It's your wheel bearings that are turning. The axle isn't a friction point.
Basically the grease on the axle aides in removing and re-installing the axle and that's it.

As far as your fork oil, if you're set with Race Tech, I'd use the fork oil that Race Tech suggests. Usually it's their US 1 I believe.

·
Registered
951 Posts
If your forks are "tuned" with racetech valves then yes 5w, it its just springs......10w.

As for axle lube, just anything, even chain lube. The axle doesn't actually spin, the bearings spin and have nothing to do with the lube. The lube just makes it east to remove the axle.

As for motor oil. Buy whatever you like, but i buy whats cheap and I change it often. Works for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts