Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a set of forks for a 00 600. Are the forks from 01-02 compatible with this bike? 750 or 600???

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Originally posted by BiG EaZy:
I need a set of forks for a 00 600. Are the forks from 01-02 compatible with this bike? 750 or 600???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The forks alone are not compatible - you have to replace the entire front end.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i would need everything including triples and all that AND also would I have to convert the fairing brackets and such??? seems like alot of work. My frotn forks are bent what exactly would I need to be road worthy again using 01+ parts?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
cant you source some replacement forks off ebay ?? that would be your cheapest option i'd have thought.

or even have your aligned ??

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
I asked about this in the General Forum some time ago... I think it was mpd who mentioned that you will have to replace pretty much everything: the triples, forks, calipers, wheels ... you might even need the '01 fender ...

You know you can just buy some forks for the SRAD off of eBay, right? That would be much much cheaper...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes I checked ebay but the selection is pretty shitty. You mentioned getting them straightened. They do not have a visible bend but you can tell when you ride it. Where can I have this done and how much does it cost roughly.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
i'd say about $50 - $60 to get both done

need other usa guys to post on this, i'm sure a few have had experience of this.

guys ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts