Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has experience with
Big Bore kits, namely anything requiring a new
cylinder section. Are the new cylinders taller
than oem or just have thicker walls etc.? One
day I want to do a big bore on my bike but the
motor only fits with millimeters to spare.

Thanks.
Adrock.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't know if I have mentioned this before but you have the sweetest looking bike. i really dig that Serious OLD school. Take your time and do it right and you will have a serious hierloom to pass on to your kids one day. A really nice looking piece keep me posted on your progress.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
The only difference I'm aware of is the 1100 motor being taller than the 750/600 motor. The 750 & 600 motors are the same height.

·
Registered
978 Posts
if you do a big block you need to get your cases
bored to fit the big sleves and you can get a cheater block that looks just like stock

i would say get the cheater block and a 1255 kit
and defently have it o-ringed and tons of head work
good luck and keep us updated
JIMMY

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

This is all really just dreaming at the moment,
cause I should get the bike on the road at least
once before I pull it all apart again. One day
I will have to go nuts on the motor, head and
all. Now I should focus on the few minor things
I need to get.

Thanks again.
Adrock.

·
Registered
221 Posts
BTW unless I am mistaken the hieght of the motor is not affected unless you stroke the crank. bigger pistons do not necessarily require taller cylinders. you could go all the way out to a 1371cc if you wanted to. I would personally stick with a 1216-1255 size so that you can keep your stock cylinder and no-one will be the wiser. Please don't neglect the head if you pop for the bigbore be sure to get a good head job and some oversize valves. Cuz the head is where you make your power. I also can't recommend enough to go ahead and O-ring your Block so if you decide to spray the piss out of it later, you won't be blowing headgaskets frequently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts