Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, haven't been on much but I'm selling my 600 for a 1000! I'm a bit confused on something though. I've already lined up a bike and put a down payment on it. It's an 2011 gsxr 1000 In a black and "magnesium" frame. My friend tells me this is a kind of special edition? But I can't find anything anywhere. Here's a picture. Any insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, dealer is putting ona full yoshi carbon/carbon exhaust. I was like that drag racing exhaust aint goanna fly

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
You sure you want to spend your money on a bike that's been so obviously drag raced&beat on?
I'd be yanking the clutch cover off and dropping the oil pan to have a good look inside before Id spend a penny on that bike.
And are they replacing the cut/missing lower fairing that's needed in order for that pipe to fit? They gonna raise it back to stock height?
Man there are SHITLOADS of stock bikes in excellent condition to be had that haven't been abused like that one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You sure you want to spend your money on a bike that's been so obviously drag raced&beat on?
I'd be yanking the clutch cover off and dropping the oil pan to have a good look inside before Id spend a penny on that bike.
And are they replacing the cut/missing lower fairing that's needed in order for that pipe to fit? They gonna raise it back to stock height?
Man there are SHITLOADS of stock bikes in excellent condition to be had that haven't been abused like that one.
They are ordering new lower fairings yes. Also I'm keeping the bike at that height. There's also a 3 year warranty along with being fully serviced by a suzuki dealer. I'm not worried about it being beat on. Besides aside from being lowered and that exhaust, can't really tell its a track bike? Maybe the previous owner just liked it more

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
A sidewinder pipe is a dead give away that it was a dedicated track bike that saw minimal street riding once that pipe was installed.

That pipe is designed so you can lower the bike as much as possible to the ground;on a normal exhaust the head pipes will scrape the ground where they merge into the collector under the oil pan&that is the limiting factor as to how low you can go. That,and the front fender hitting the fairing upper.

You WILL touch the asphalt and most likely crash taking a right hand turn with that pipe at normal riding speeds if you lean slightly too much;hence my saying its a track-only pipe that nobody uses for anything BUT drag racing..unless they like the look of the pipe and its for show.

Either way,Im just attempting to open your eyes and let you know to use due diligence before making your purchase so you don't get suckered. Sounds like you have made up your mind. Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A sidewinder pipe is a dead give away that it was a dedicated track bike that saw minimal street riding once that pipe was installed.

That pipe is designed so you can lower the bike as much as possible to the ground;on a normal exhaust the head pipes will scrape the ground where they merge into the collector under the oil pan&that is the limiting factor as to how low you can go. That,and the front fender hitting the fairing upper.

You WILL touch the asphalt and most likely crash taking a right hand turn with that pipe at normal riding speeds if you lean slightly too much;hence my saying its a track-only pipe that nobody uses for anything BUT drag racing..unless they like the look of the pipe and its for show.

Either way,Im just attempting to open your eyes and let you know to use due diligence before making your purchase so you don't get suckered. Sounds like you have made up your mind. Good luck
Thanks..hope its not too low once everything is installed that I'm slamming the headers everytime

1 - 10 of 10 Posts