Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
1987 GSXR1100
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Got the new to me tank put on, got the GPZ headlight on and lengthened the wires, set the toe end again. Damn thing is bad fast for a 4 wheeler, I cut down some sportster mufflers and made some small mufflers with 3 1/2" baffles. Used some bagger pipe I had laying around for rest. I guess should made them a little longer, still damn loud. Still need to mount another light, put new pads on the front, lower the seat, mount a tail light, find that damn oil line and put some body panels on.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Oh yeah and get some more front shocks.

· Registered
1987 GSXR1100
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well I've been having a problem trying to that bottom oil line, so I fixed it. If anyone is having the same problem you can the cut metal crimp off and the hose will come off. I used 400 psi transmission hose and 2 hose clamps. The metal banjo ends have a swollen type barb made in the tubes so you don't have to worry about it slipping off. No more leak.
The original 400ex rear shock is blowed out so I'm going to make another top bracket and use the srad rear shock soon as my son leaves to go back to Wisconsin.

· Registered
1987 GSXR1100
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I can see that on the golf course ..... them some big divots
Lmao, I don't do golf but if I did they would try to chase me down and throw me under the jail. Lol that reminds me of the golf tournament the company at the time I worked for put on. I was still on probation, beer was on ice in blue plastic barrels, the catering was provided by a nice seafood restaurant. We were on teams of 4, most were feeling no pain within the first 30 min. My future at the time wife and her cousin were riding around the course in bikinis passing out beer and stuff to snack on. The custodian I guess had already chased down the two and gave them a piece of his mind for riding on the fairway and tee boxes. A lot of good that did, any who we were all pretty well looped by the time they handed out prizes. Then was time to eat, the plant manager and wife were a table across from us. Crawfish, corn and potatoes dumped out all kinds of pies were on the end of the tables. Well a fellow employee had been treating his wife really bad. My future wife knew his wife and didn't like it one bit, next thing I know she has hit him in the face with a lemon meringue pie. When it was all over the plant manager told to me load up the rest of the crawfish and beer and take it to the house. Thank goodness it was on a Friday. I haven't tried to play golf since, maybe if you tee off then pulled out your rifle and shot the ball or something along those lines it would be more interesting.

· Registered
1987 GSXR1100
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
lol.. sounds like my kinda golf..
Yes sir, it was a pretty good time lol.

I finally finished up the truck I gave to my son, after rolling and totaling his truck on his first attempt to get here. I let him have my 2004 Chevy Silverado Z71, damn nice truck. Got another thermostat in the Maverick. So next on the list will be building another upper shock bracket so I can mount the Gixxer top yoke and get it back up where it belongs. Then I'll build a spring loaded chain tensioner.

· Premium Member
8,092 Posts
I like those Z71's, they have the better rear end so forth, decent MPG considering, they're getting hard to find in decent shape tho, long bed 4x oh around a 2006 model, V6000, loaded, leather all that, lower mileage, getting hard to find for sure... the kid total it?

· Registered
1987 GSXR1100
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
I like those Z71's, they have the better rear end so forth, decent MPG considering, they're getting hard to find in decent shape tho, long bed 4x oh around a 2006 model, V6000, loaded, leather all that, lower mileage, getting hard to find for sure... the kid total it?
No sir, he totaled his 97 Chevy 1500 4x4. He was going to drive down, roads were pretty bad; passed a p/u pulling a trailer and hit a patch of ice and ride was on. He had his dog and his buddy's dog in the cab he said he knows it rolled 4 times for sure. Ended up on the passenger side, that boy is lucky. He rolled his 99 Ford p/u after losing it in a curve just before a hill, got airborne backwards clipped a pine tree about 9-10' off the ground. That sent it into a corner to corner end over end roll, ended up in a ditch upside down on the roof of the cab. He caught a ride back to the house, hell by the looks of him I figured we could just flip it back over on its wheels and drive it back. He had a scratch on his left forearm, I couldn't believe it when I saw his truck. Thank God he was wearing his seatbelt.
We like Chevys got a 85 c30 winch trk, 82 c30 flat bed, 2003 Chevy 2500 with the 6.0, 75 Chevy K5 with my roller motor out of the Chevelle, 77 k20 that's been in the family since it was bought new. 75 k20 camper special and 76 k10 they are for mostly parts for the 77 when I put it on the 76 short wheel base chassis. I got more crap then Billy Carter had liver pills.
Both the 76 k10 and the 77k20 have 350, 465 4 speed and 205 gear drive transfer case of course the 20 has the 14 bolt rear and the 10 has a 12 bolt rear. 77 will have it's 350, the 76 4 speed and the 14 bolt and dana 60 front diff and best parts from all on short chassis. The camper special has a 350, turbo 400, 203, 14bolt rear 44 front diff.

· Premium Member
8,092 Posts
lucky kid, hopefully he's tamed down a bit, jsu creep behind those trailer, I got stuck in snow just leaving salt lake, caught the edge of that storm suddenly there is 6" of snow, I tucked in behind a big rig and stayed in his tracks for about 60 miles then a big 4x came rolling by fingered 30mph wasn't gong to get it, so I tucked in behind the 4x he was doing 60 that worked.. the nissan whatever it was plowed only when we passed slow riggs doing 30 and I lost his tracks, hale when was young I would prolly put er in the ditch, just getting dark, oh yea..

when I was a kid in the mid 70s step dad had a GMC whatever it was, camper special, 454, man it was a hoot.. me I like any good truck or car

· Registered
1987 GSXR1100
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
lucky kid, hopefully he's tamed down a bit, jsu creep behind those trailer, I got stuck in snow just leaving salt lake, caught the edge of that storm suddenly there is 6" of snow, I tucked in behind a big rig and stayed in his tracks for about 60 miles then a big 4x came rolling by fingered 30mph wasn't gong to get it, so I tucked in behind the 4x he was doing 60 that worked.. the nissan whatever it was plowed only when we passed slow riggs doing 30 and I lost his tracks, hale when was young I would prolly put er in the ditch, just getting dark, oh yea..

when I was a kid in the mid 70s step dad had a GMC whatever it was, camper special, 454, man it was a hoot.. me I like any good truck or car
Yes sir, he's Way better after that first wreck. Think he was just in hurry to get home. Bet next time he'll just stay behind that truck and trailer.
He made it back that same night about 10. We replaced all the light assemblies front and rear. Changed the oil and filter, drained and refilled both differentials, replaced the transfer shift motor and the transfer case. The rear case was leaking and the chain was stretched. Put a new set of all terrain tires on it and a few other things. It has been a really good truck and in very nice shape, white with Gray interior, leather seats, got the DVD player in the roof for the back. I'm going to miss that truck.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts