Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday it finally came in the mail ...so before i put in on i read this label they put on the back of the bag it was in ..and it said that the windscreen may melt the dash or gauge cluster bc they have low melting points ...So im wanted to ask anyone who has a Zero G windscreen ( dark smoke) have you had any probs with this? It did say if left out in the sun for prolonged period of time this will happen... so i guess ill just have to try not to leave it in the sun when i park up

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Yes I have heard of gauges melting with aftermarket windscreens, but I have only seen this happen with Sportech's. The was a thread in the last week that discussed this subject so you might want to use the search function to read it. I have yet to have any problems with my ZG!!!

rob

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
No problems with my ZG...then again I rarely let it sit in direct sun. If I do I pull a rag out of the trunk and place it on top of the instrument cluster....problem solved.

·
Registered
163 Posts
the double bubble screens act as a magnifying glass when in direct sunlight. I have one on my CBr and as Midge said I always cover the dash if the bike will be in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a Z-Gravity double bubble on a Honda 954, and it did melt a spot on the tach.The sun has to be at "just the right angle" for this to happen, but if you leave your bike in the sun long enough it will happen. In spite of that I have put one on my GSX-R750, and do as Midge suggested, I cover the dash with my gloves whenever I stop.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of your input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts