Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made some inqueries into some PVM forged wheels for the K5 and from two of the site sponsors I have got negative feedback.
One saying "PVM customer service is lousy and products always on backorder so we stopped carry them" and another saying "We do not carry them.Poor quality and finish".

Anyone care to comment on this?

I always thought PVM products were some of the best you could get and their 5 Y-spoke wheels really looks nice in the pictures

·
Registered
270 Posts
Cant reply on the wheels, but PVM radial master cyls and radial brake adapters are second to NONE. Some of the best quality workmanship I have seen. I am running them on my Busa and have had 0 problems when looking for parts/service

·
Registered
70 Posts
They are tough,to get ,i have run pvm wheels,rotors,master cylinders,there is only one true U.S distributor that i know of,EMA-USA.com.I believe everyone else buys from them,thou i could be wrong,but that would explain the delay.They are from germany,so they order a large quanity before ordering,so if you want a set of wheels,you have to wait for others,to avoid high shipping costs.To answer about finish,i had the h wheels and the 10y wheels,which i sold to another guy on gixxer.com,you may have seen a few months back,finish is awesome,i have a set of 20 spokes on order,and yes this is an 05 so ive been waitind about 6 weeks,but they are worth the wait,if you would like to see the pics send me an email addreess and ill send you a few photos on an 04 1k Pvm top shelf products

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
I had a set of Forged Y-5s and they were fantastic. Service from EMA was great, product was great quality and finish, etc.

I'd love to get more of them but $$.

I've since switched to Marvic wheels which are more affordable and equally as nice.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I have a set of pvm y5's that I had chromed on my 03 1000. Just got them back from chrome a few weeks ago. I have galfer wave front rotors and a pvm wave style rear rotor. They look great. I bought them from a local dealer who gets them from ema usa. Luckily they had them in stock. He is waiting on a set of Y5 forged magnesium for a ducati 998 for a month or so.
I had to wait almost 6 months for a set of dymag 3 spoke cast mag wheels for my 99 zx9r. No matter what wheels you get you will have to wait for them sometimes. Noobody keeps all wheels in stock and when you have to order them from overseas and they are usually made to order. the factory doesn't even stock them. It can take several months sometimes.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those are sweet wheels has anyone heard something about the carbon fiber wheels
I have BST cf wheels on K2 and they are awasome. Holds up to all kinds of abuse so far and besides they are very light. Totally transfomed the handling of the bike. very flickable and at the same no stability problems.
However the have become very expensive lately and I want to go another route this time.

If you can afford them do not hesitate. they are some very good wheels and they look good too

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've PVM cast mag 5 Spokes wheels for 2 years. So far I think they are great. Only problem is I don't know where they can be service in asia (Taiwan) if I need it.b

·
Premium Member
41,723 Posts
I have BST cf wheels on K2 and they are awasome. Holds up to all kinds of abuse so far and besides they are very light. Totally transfomed the handling of the bike. very flickable and at the same no stability problems.
However the have become very expensive lately and I want to go another route this time.

If you can afford them do not hesitate. they are some very good wheels and they look good too
Are you thinking of selling them?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Are you thinking of selling them?
Nope

1 - 12 of 12 Posts